Good prospects sould you loan?

Dear all,

When you hav a youngster who has good prospect do you loan him out or is it better to keep him in your squad, train him your way and if you can play him some few minutes?

Which way is it better to develope the player?

Also im afraid to loan out because the team who offers for the loan they might have not as good training facilities

What I do is train the player on my own schedule and after about 3/4 years at my club I send him out on loan to get some valuable experience. However if he's a wonderkid I'll slowly introduce him into my first team rather than loan him out.

hth

I've always found that I've got the best out of my young prospects when I throw them in at the deep end and give them a full season at the age of 16/17. They don't tend to do too well in the first season but they seem to improve rapidly over the next few years.

I keep them on my regime until they are 17/18. Then i'll look to loan them out but only to teams that will consider the player a valuable first team member, ie play them. I'll always have them watched and if i feel they aren't playing as much as i would like them to i will bring them back.

At the age of 17, I bring them into the first team squad, often as the the 4th or 3rd choice striker. They will get a decent amount of game time this way and at the age of 19/20 they should be ready for the first team outright.

I have done experiments, and if you're sending them to a good standard of league, they'll improve more (League 1 or higher is "a good standard").

The best thing you can do is have them playing in your first team quite regularly, but don't give them too much exposure, that hinders them.

I had a CB on loan to Oldham last season who were in the CCC at the team, when he came back he said playing at that level did nothing for him and when I checked his stats it did indeed show that he had not increased in one area after leaving me.

Admittedly they were fighting against relegation but according to my coaches he was a good player at L1 level and he played nearly every game for them that season so surely playing at that level regardless of what position they were in should have seen him improve as a player?

Archived