Man City kits

I've just started my first game of the season which is the Manchester Derby and City are in their away kit? :S Why is this?

On 09 they never played in any other kit apart from their home but now they change to their away kit randomly when there is no clash.

Is this a mistake or is it meant to be like this?

Sorry to ask, but you are playing at the City of Manchester stadium right?

Nope i'm playing at Old Trafford. Sorry for not specifying. It's just the fact there is no real kit clash apart from the shorts (both teams in white) so I could understand that and in the match at Old Trafford this season City played in their home kit with no change of shorts. It's just that being a City fan if we're playing in black it just doesn't feel like a Manchester derby.

I wish we could choose, I played QPR against Peterboro and the QPR hoops merged into a light blue and the boro kit was a light green and it was difficult to tell them apart easily.

Id rather be able to pick so they are more different. I still think its the best option and then everyone gets what they want and if anyone gets a clash, its their own fault.

FWIW, they got the QPR away kits down perfectly and we use the 3rd kit against teams in red and white just like we do IRL even though theres no need for it.

Teams dont just change their kit if there is a clash

If they are away from home teams do use either their 2nd or 3rd kits even if there is no clash

Correct, but it does vary club to club

Can't remember the last time we played a league away game in blue and white

Correct, but it does vary club to club

Can't remember the last time we played a league away game in blue and white

I guess in the future they could code it in so that researcher can indicate whether the team prefers to always play home kit or whether they like to switch kits. Can't really expect that to happen for this version though.

Archived