Still missing from fm10

Hey all :0

Really, really enjoyed the fm10 demo.

The layout defiantly needed changing.

But the thing they still have not sorted is in my opinion.

The media.

It seems it still uses the same old media sayings.

It really, really needs verity in my opinion.

As it is constantly repeated every time.

Get it sorted fm developers please?

Anyone agree?

I actually like the way the media has been updated, I got a lot of new stuff when I signed Ronaldo about why I had given a 32 year old a 3 year contract, and then others focusing on his injury proneness and how I thought it may affect him at the club. Then when I signed Beckham on a free, the media were conniving and was suggesting the signing of Beckham may mean the club is in financial turmoil because I didn't have money to buy any younger players in their prime.

I actually like the way the media has been updated, I got a lot of new stuff when I signed Ronaldo about why I had given a 32 year old a 3 year contract, and then others focusing on his injury proneness and how I thought it may affect him at the club. Then when I signed Beckham on a free, the media were conniving and was suggesting the signing of Beckham may mean the club is in financial turmoil because I didn't have money to buy any younger players in their prime.

I haven't seen any of that yet.

How long does this demo last for?

6 months like the others?

Yea, the general match interviews haven't been upgraded massively, but when signing high profile players you get the option to call a press conference. But here's the questions from the interview about the Beckham Signing:

Q1 - You sit here alongside new signing David Beckham. Are you pleased to have got your man?

Q2 - What impact, if any, do you believe this signing will have on the rest of your Stoke squad?

Q3 - Do you believe David Beckham will be central to any success Stoke are to have in the future?

Q4 - The acquisition of Beckham is seen as many as something of a coup for the club. Is this a stance you agree with given the relative status of the player and Stoke?

Q5 - Matches can be won and lost in a single moment. Do you believe Beckham to be someone who can be the difference between success and failure?

Q6 - What is the relationship between you and Beckham, and why did he want to work under you?

After saying it was ideal for him to come here:

Q7 - In that case, are you going to have to sell players in order to balance the books?

Q8 - This signing signals your first foray into the transfer market during this window. Can we expect further activity?

Q9 - Beckham may be in the latter stages of his career but many believe his experience will be invaluable to younger players at the club. How important is it to surround the next generation with the likes of Beckham?

Q10 - Thomas Sorensen has revealed delight at your signing of Beckham, stating it was a great piece of business. Can you confirm the financial statement is as delicate as rumoured?

The game is more intuitive, and picking up on the fact that signing Beckham has taken me over budget, and the club is currently losing money each month, as well as various other factors to do with Beckham.

With Ronaldo it was a completely different kettle of fish, focusing on him being perceived to be past it and his injury problems and how wise it was for me to give him a long contract and all that stuff.

The game lasts 180 days exactly as well, mine ended on the 2nd of January, meaning Beckhams only appear for me so far was 45 minutes against Accrington Stanley in the FA cup to get him some match fitness.

• SI Staff
Hey all :0

Really, really enjoyed the fm10 demo.

The layout defiantly needed changing.

But the thing they still have not sorted is in my opinion.

The media.

It seems it still uses the same old media sayings.

It really, really needs verity in my opinion.

As it is constantly repeated every time.

Get it sorted fm developers please?

Anyone agree?

Believe me when I say that a lot of time has been spent on the media this year. :) There are lots of things we can do to improve it still and we will continue to do so. Short of packaging a journalist with the game, the sort of variation which will fully satisfy an intelligent human would require a typing pool of hundreds if not thousands. :)

Archived