Weather improvements

A small issue here, but the seasonal weather conditions on FM09 were a little erratic. Searing hot temperatures in August, September and even October. Then a winter where nearly every game suffered rain until May when the heatwave restarted. I guess it's not easy configuring realistic weather conditions for every country (especially as what would be realistic for London would be positively dry and warm for Manchester).

But it did surprise me that so few PL games had at least a little falling snow or some winter mist. It would be nice, once in 10 years or so to have a game abandoned by a white-out blizzard. I've also noticed that no games are ever called off due to poor weather when the reality in all UK leagues is that fog, frost, snow and heavy rain often disrupt matches.

I had a snowy game at CSKA Moscow in the CL. Which in February wasn't a surprise, problem there was that Arsenal changed to an all-white kit and I needed my ski-glasses. Like I said, falling snow would be good and fog could be fun. Certainly weather has a big influence on tactics.

Archived