The new FM 2010 - the 4-3-3?

Will we have the old 4-3-3 that we didn't get to have/use in FM2009?

What I mean is the 3 strikers up on the penalty box on the tactics screen with arrows sticking on either side of the central forward?

I missed this and thought having left and right side attacking midfielders (AML) didn't do the system justice.

I'm no FM expert, but i can safely say you will be able to give players forward runs. ;) He means sideways/backwards/forwards arrows which changed the position of a player either laterally or forward when in possesssion/backwards when not in possession. These arrows were removed in FM09.

In my opinion the ONLY good thing in the demo of that 'other game' was the ability to move players wherever you wanted over the pitch in your tactics, that way you could put your stamp on the formation and get them playing more how you wanted them to, like having one striker dropping off but not being an attacking midfielder (AMC)

I missed this and thought having left and right side attacking midfielders (AML) didn't do the system justice.

Playing AML & AMR as 'Inside Forwards' works amazingly well in the new ME in FM Live, due to the massive improvement in wing play.

But you'll still be able to tell people to do forward runs?

Now called Run From Deep, but essentially the same thing

No, for a reason which is now unknown, arrows have been removed from FM.

However, in FM2010, you'll be able to tell strikers to get wider or move into channels.

The reason for the farrows being removed IS known. It was due to the number of ME exploits they created, and the knock-on effects these had to the rest of the ME when trying to fix them. As you say, you'll be able to give them instruction to this effect, so it's really just a cosmetic change to the tactics screen and a big improvement to the ME.

Archived