High resolutions in FM10 question

Hi,

I am about to buy a new 24 inch monitor and I was wondering if FM2010 supports 1920X1080 (16:9) resolution? Will it display it correctly or will there be some black parts on the sides of the monitor?

I also have the opportunity to buy a 1920x1200 (16:10) monitor. Will the screen look better in this resolution?

Thanks in advance for the answers

It does display it correctly in that resolution and that res is fully suported.

I'm running a 28" monitor with a 1920x1200 res and the text is tiny on FM09 and there are vast empty spaces in the game. It does take some getting used to..

I doubt much will change in FM10 for us high res users as we are in the minority.

I know it supports 1920x1080, as I use it myself on FM09. As for 1920x1200, I can't say, since it depends on how popular that resolution is. If very few of FM's players have a monitor like yours, odds are they won't bother to add support for it other than it can run it (that is, you'll still get tiny text).

"When we first started looking at the new interface for Football Manager 2010, we were originally looking to raise the minimum resolution for the game. Seeing as we are all lucky and have big monitors, we were under the belief that everyone had.

Thankfully, we got to see some stats that showed that around a third of people playing the game had their desktops set to the same minimum resolution of last year, so we stopped with that plan early on.

However, this meant that people who have widescreen monitors, or who have higher resolution screens, were left with lots of blank space on their screens. So what should we do with this blank space? Customisable columns, that is what.

On the squad screen, you can now have as many stats as you can fill your screen with and completely customise the information that is there. The screenshots show the different stages of this, and then me re-organising the columns until I am happy with what is on the screen."

This is a quote from blog day 25.

Archived