Clubs selling star players for not for not fitting in the formation

In the title :D

I only saw this once, in 2012 MU sold Rooney for 28M to Bayern. Their new manager is Rijkaard and he employs only one striker....Tevez

To be honest extravagant clubs do this all the time in FM09, but its the first time I saw a player with Worldwide rep. being relegated to the bench and sold

Too bad I haven't reached the premiership yet :(

On my game Roma had this world class (in terms of attributes, continental reputation) regen right winger who didn't fit into their 4-3-2-1 system. He was worth £7.75m and had backup status, and I (Lazio, Roma's main rivals) bid £20m+ but still they turned it down, before eventually asking for £92m + my star centre back in exchange. He went on to sign for Man City for about £12m.

Another example of bad AI really. They should never have signed him, let alone turn down my final test bid of around £40m, even if we were rivals.

It normally seems the opposite to me, for example Barcelona say having Messi on the right wing, a great backup for him, then spending £25m on another regen right winger for no reason whatsoever, who then rots on the bench before being sold for a pittance.

On my game Roma had this world class (in terms of attributes, continental reputation) regen right winger who didn't fit into their 4-3-2-1 system. He was worth £7.75m and had backup status, and I (Lazio, Roma's main rivals) bid £20m+ but still they turned it down, before eventually asking for £92m + my star centre back in exchange. He went on to sign for Man City for about £12m.

Clearly you're not italian and seems unable to understand the, at times, brainsick-rivalry between Laziales and Romanistas.

Another example of bad AI really. They should never have signed him, let alone turn down my final test bid of around £40m, even if we were rivals.

Again, bad knowledge of the world football culture outside the UK.

Same with Fabregas. Around 2012-2013, the new Arsenal coach's formation didn't use Fabregas.

I bought him for 45M€. A few months before (the previous transfert window actually), i had offered about 80M€ for him but Arsenal had refused (not that i would have bought him for that price, but wanted to see how far i would needed to go)...

The year after, Arsenal offered 55M€ to have him back. Sorry, too late... :D

Clearly you're not italian and seems unable to understand the, at times, brainsick-rivalry between Laziales and Romanistas.

Actually unlike in the EPL, in the Serie A the top clubs and fierce rivals oftern conduct transfers with one another which is often their best players. Off the top of my head:

Christian Vieri from Lazio to Inter and had also played for Juventus, AC Milan, and Inter

Hernan Crespo Parma to Lazio and has since placed for both AC Milan and Inter

Gianluigi Buffon from Parma to Juventus

Pavel Nedved from Lazio to Juventus

Alessandro Nesta Lazio to AC Milan

Fabio Cannavaro from Parma to Inter to Juventus

Lillian Thuram from Parma to Juventus

These were all world-class players at the time being transferred for big sums of money. Ok I can't think of any big dealings between Lazio and Roma, and some of my transfers listed are from Parma (not Italys biggest club but what a youth system!!!) but in terms of allowing players to leave to rival clubs I would say that the Italians are the worst/best which ever way you look at it! Yes the odd transfer goes on between the biggest clubs that are massive rivals in England, but its rare. Its not just the bigger money signings but also the frequency of transfers that goes on between the top Italian clubs and is not uncommom for player 'to do the rounds' and play for the top clubs in Italy before their career is over!!!! :)

I actually follow Italian football closely and have done since the mid-90s, and I'm a hell of a lot more appreciative of football outside the UK than the vast majority in this country.

I am aware that transfers between these sides don't happen often, but turning down £40m+, only to accept £12m from another club? That's throwing away nearly £30m. Remember this is a player who was a back-up at Roma, so it wasn't as if they needed him, and he'd only been there about a year.

It's not as if I'm trying to sign Totti or De Rossi is it?

There's also plenty of evidence of real life transfers between big rivals, so it should be possible.

In the title :D

I only saw this once, in 2012 MU sold Rooney for 28M to Bayern. Their new manager is Rijkaard and he employs only one striker....Tevez

To be honest extravagant clubs do this all the time in FM09, but its the first time I saw a player with Worldwide rep. being relegated to the bench and sold

Too bad I haven't reached the premiership yet :(

Good to see the AI works in that way :thup::)

Archived