refurb worth getting

is it worth getting a refurbished laptop from a retailer with 12 months+extended warrenty with better specs over a new one with lower specs and more expensive overall?

~~Stevie G~~

Yeah well as long as its got the warranty i don't see why not. If its refurbished it has to meet a certain standard and most of the time are "as new" . Check what the warranty covers and if you think its good then go for it.

You got a link to them?

Dell xps 1530

# Intel Core 2 Duo Procesor T8100

# (2.1 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB Cache)

3 GB ram

256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M Graphics dedicated

£449

~~Stevie G~~

I'd say thats worths it. You'd struggle to find that spec sold new for that kinda money. Especially as the 8600m is a dedicated graphics card and not intergrated.

:thup:

Dell xps 1530

# Intel Core 2 Duo Procesor T8100

# (2.1 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB Cache)

3 GB ram

256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M Graphics dedicated

£449

~~Stevie G~~

http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=330361266053&t=0&ds=0&js=-

Found this on the Argos/Ebay clearance site. Same price and its also refurbished. Graphics cards are not my strong point so couldnt say of it is better than the one you pointed out above.

http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=330361266053&t=0&ds=0&js=-

Found this on the Argos/Ebay clearance site. Same price and its also refurbished. Graphics cards are not my strong point so couldnt say of it is better than the one you pointed out above.

If it was me I'd go for this one. 17 inch widescreen, bigger hard drive, more memory, slightly better graphics card and dual layer dvd. My only concern would be that the graphics card is ATI. I have no problem with them but iirc FM09 did! Hopefully SI/ATI have solved those problems now though.

Archived