Reserve team friendlies

joey6

Was wondering... does anyone else organise friendlies for their reserve team between league freindlies, ive done it for the first time this season, with tours to fill the 2 week breaks around Europe and the home nations.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and what benefits it has? I'm hoping for faster development of the younger players and possibly more money coming through gate receipts for the home matches.

I try to make sure they have a game every week, particularly if I have a lot of first teamers returning from injury as it's a good place to get their match fitness back.

Sometimes I play them against the under 18s for 4 or 5 weeks running, gives me a good idea of whether my youth are better than my reserves.

How do you get to opposition reserves to pick them for a friendly. I just tried filling in some gaps and only selected the 1st, I just assumed it would pick reserves automatically?

Do you just pick domestic teams too? I thought if there was a big gap send ya reserves on a tour lol.

You have to go to their actual reserve squad then select 'pick for friendly' from the bottom left of the screen.

Archived