Is there a possibilty of playing a game in seasons gone by?

It's a bit of a fantasy type idea but would it be possible to be able to choose a year you wish to start your FM career instead of the current season?

Obviously you'd be looking at a massive database which would include player, club, league, etc. etc histories.

It would be interesting to see how many "what if's" would appear. You'd have the opportunity on signing players as youth teamers (e.g. Shearer at Southampton going to somewhere other than Blackburn) and then they'd have a completely different career path depending on the club they're at.

I hope I've explained the idea easily and if this idea has already been debated please, Mods, deal with the thread.

It's basically playing FM God.

Paul

My idea would be that you could play any season up to the current one.

If you chose to start playing in the 80/81 season you'd begin with the players and teams. The next season you'd be given the access to the "historical youth teamers". These being the actual players who begun their career at that stage.

For instance, you may see a player (who is now world class in the real world) that is available for transfer as his current team deem him surplus to their requirements. You could potentially sign this player knowing that, with proper training and the rest, he could become a star player for your team rather than the team they flourished at.

Signing Robbie Fowler at age 15 or something like that.

Paul

I suppose if the game engine was like the first CM games back in the early 90s it would be a little easier. Even then, the amount of reserach going in to it would be massive, I have to agree.

If it was done with all the nips and tucks of the current format you'd need to ramraid Cheyenne Mountain.

Paul

In the editors hideaway there's a database where you start in the 99/2000 season, which is fun. I bought a little-known 14 year-old called Christiano Ronaldo and an 18 year old who my scouts seem to reckon has a bit of potential. Kaka, I think his name is, but will have to check.

It's not quite what you want, but it's not bad. And of course the league rules are hard-coded so you have to play from 2008, which is fairly cosmetic TBH.

Archived