All games corrupted :(

I loaded up FM just now and pressed "load last saved game" option, then as it loaded it said

"The saved game could not be loaded"! and it went from full screen to windowed :(

So then tried another saved game and the same thing happened! and the same with a 3rd game!

Im guessin its corrupted but is there anyway to get it back? was really into that game :(

This is one of the few cases where it's acceptable for even grown men to cry.

It seems really strange though that all your save games should suddenly get corrupted, unless there's something really wrong with your hard drive. If you had just reinstalled FM, then it could be because you needed to patch it to the same version as when you created the save games, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Have you got a new patch recently? I lost my first main save on 08 then was unsuccessful in getting new ones going and I deduced that it was to do with a patch (I think the 1st one after release as it occured in January) I'd downloaded shortly before, and the problems stopped after I deleted the patch. I can't remember the error messages involved, except it was different the 1st time to all the other times (maybe because it was an existing game as opposed to one started with the patch), but it may have still been the same problem.

Archived