Goalkeeper Ratings - Low = Good or Bad

I'm confused by my goalkeepers average rating and can't tell whether I should be pleased or annoyed.

After 15 games we have conceded only 6 goals and he has kept 12 clean sheets, everyone in my squad has an average rating of 7+, except my keeper, whose avg rat is 6.54. Is that good or bad?

I'm thinking good. Low = he doesn't have much to do because my team is playing so well, because he doesn't have much to do, he doesn't have much of a chance to get a good rating. So, that's a good thing, right?

Or am I completely wrong and low = he's playing poorly, even though he doesn't have much to do?

I think GK ratings are affected too much by their distribution.

I've noticed that if I set my instructions to 'defender collect' so that he makes more short passes to defenders when he has the ball his ratings will increase. If I just leave him to punt the ball upfield less of those passes will be deemed to have been completed so his rating will suffer.

I think GK ratings could be improved, I now just look at clean sheets and watch his performances in the highlights to try and judge if he's any good.

I've noticed that if I set my instructions to 'defender collect' so that he makes more short passes to defenders when he has the ball his ratings will increase. If I just leave him to punt the ball upfield less of those passes will be deemed to have been completed so his rating will suffer.

I think GK ratings could be improved, I now just look at clean sheets and watch his performances in the highlights to try and judge if he's any good.

I've noticed this too. I always have a chuckle when my assistant tells me that a lot of Doni's passes (goal kicks) didn't find their man :D

I dunno, I just played Juventus in a CL group match. We won 1-0 but had something like 20 shots on target :D. Buffon was MoM.

Looking back at last season though, my keeper conceeded 15 from 35 games (in the League), and was rated 7.00 on average.

Archived