release all players?

just a thought for a new game, getting abit bored of my inter milan domination.

set up a new data base with all the player released, then start a new game with a team in the second division down e.g Championship and just see what happens!

let me know what u think and what happens if anyone trys it.

I've tried this before and found that some AI managers are too reluctant to sign players, and end up starting the season with a squad of 6 or 7 players and get pummelled every game. So the managers with common sense (me) end up winning the league at a canter because we signed basically anyone we wanted.

iirc, there is already a DB where every is on a free, might be a good idea to check in the editors forum

No need to check the editors forum. You can do this with the editor that comes with the game.

I did this database, but had everything updated, Promotions/Relegations etc

I think Man Utd signed around 4 players before the start of the season. And no clubs apart from me signed players on frees outside the transfer window. I think Man City won the league first season. It is interesting to do, however takes a while to get going (couple of seasons, most teams should have full squads)

What teams tend to do is play the regenerated u18 players that are already in the squad even if u release everyone in database.

I think Chelsea have Kaka, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta and Torres, and still didnt win the league, because that was basically there squad.

have also tried this and it gets boring very quickly, cos the AI doesnt seem to realise it has an empty squad, and will happily sit out pre-season making one or two signings. you can very easily end up with a miles better squad than everyone else, and run away with the league.

Archived