Selling a player that has joined your club

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to find out if there was any way possible of selling a player that has just joined your club?

I have tried offering to clubs for 0 and transfer listing as well as setting the player's squad status to not needed but no one will bid..

If you're not desperate for extra transfer budget, just accept any loan offers where the club offer to pay his wages. By the end of his loan, you won't have paid any wages for an unwanted player and there should be some transfer offers coming in ;)

It's that stupid problem where the player who has recently joined the club won't leave. So, if I take Portsmouth and they have already bought a batch of sh***y players, I can't sell any, even though it wasn't me who bought them. I hope they will fix that.

But would that happen in real life? How many just-signed players can you name who left after a few days because a new manager came in?

Exactly.

When you take over a club, you know what kind of players will be there.

That is true but players in reality are alot of the time not represented the same attribute-wise in the game and therefore they could be an awesome signing in reality but in the game, they are crap. So not being able to sell the players that just joined then becomes a problem. And the thing is, I want to manage Lyon but now cannot because of this.

That is true but players in reality are alot of the time not represented the same attribute-wise in the game and therefore they could be an awesome signing in reality but in the game, they are crap. So not being able to sell the players that just joined then becomes a problem. And the thing is, I want to manage Lyon but now cannot because of this.

It's not only that. I am well aware what kind of players I get in, say, Newcastle. But because I am fan, I want to take them, and buy better players and sell the bad ones. I know Arsenal has players that are so good I never need to buy or sell any, but that only makes me want to improve Newcastle, not take Arsenal. However, because of previous managers, I have to go through hell for 6 months or more, even though I could have far better players for the money I would get by selling the current ones. Also, I agree that IRL they do not sell players who just arrived, but in real life you start to manage a club after the season is over and manager that is about to leave does not buy players for the future. However, because of the discrepancy between start of the actual season, and release date of FM, designers have to include real transfers from July and August, but then set YOU at the beginning of July, and you have to deal with any crappy business actual manager did IRL.

You can't manage Lyon because of one player, who is rubbish and no0one will buy?! Send him on loan, or if you feel so strongly about it, use an editing tool to get rid of him.

It is not just one player. Because I am using an updated DB and starting in July 2008, most of the players have "just joined the club"so maybe that is why they are not performing. Anyway I will send him on loan and hopefully sell him in the following season.

Strangely enough, I've been seeing that happen on my latest save game a lot recently. Rangers bought a player Hibernian had signed the previous season, David a portugese winger, only to sell him to Falkirk for the exact same amount they bought him for a few days later. They also signed John Paul Kissock on a free transfer, only to sell him a few days later to Dundee United.

So I think based upon this it is possible to sell a player straight after you bought him if there is interest, possibly even making back the money you paid or making a profit, but it depends on who it is, and indeed how interested other clubs are.

It's not only that. I am well aware what kind of players I get in, say, Newcastle. But because I am fan, I want to take them, and buy better players and sell the bad ones. I know Arsenal has players that are so good I never need to buy or sell any, but that only makes me want to improve Newcastle, not take Arsenal. However, because of previous managers, I have to go through hell for 6 months or more, even though I could have far better players for the money I would get by selling the current ones. Also, I agree that IRL they do not sell players who just arrived, but in real life you start to manage a club after the season is over and manager that is about to leave does not buy players for the future. However, because of the discrepancy between start of the actual season, and release date of FM, designers have to include real transfers from July and August, but then set YOU at the beginning of July, and you have to deal with any crappy business actual manager did IRL.

I think that is part of the challenge of taking over a 'not so good' club, in that you actually need time to form your squad instead of having overnight success by simply selling and buying from the get go.

loan him out for a fee, and they will usually buy at end of season. This is a way I get about 20 Million every season. I get ok players on free. Offer them out for like 2.5 million above what they are worth and people loan them with like a 100-500k starting fee. They pay all wages and then give me like 3-5 million at end of season. Amazing way to earn money

Archived