Tips and Tricks

Just found out about the player reports where coaches tell you how they are doing.. I also found numerous things out that I didnt know before I went on the forum.

I was hoping maybe we could start a thread of not so obvious features in the game that are useful...

Any takers?

"Where are they now" in the best XI screen.

"World->Managers" shows you info on how you compare to other managers worldwide, as in transfers in etc.

"Ask to call a meeting to discuss concerns with under performance" is a rarely seen one.

I use the "nickname" feature to append JA/JP to the name's of scouts and coaches.

For instance if I have a scout called Bilbo Baggins and he has 17 for JA and 18 for JP, I will give him the nickname of....

"Bilbo Baggins 17/18".

That way when I get scout reports back I can immediately see how reliable the reports are without having to click on the scout's name. It also helps when deciding which scout to use for particular players/assignments. (Note: if you do this you should update the nicknames every few months as the ratings do change)

I use the "nickname" feature to append JA/JP to the name's of scouts and coaches.

For instance if I have a scout called Bilbo Baggins and he has 17 for JA and 18 for JP, I will give him the nickname of....

"Bilbo Baggins 17/18".

That way when I get scout reports back I can immediately see how reliable the reports are without having to click on the scout's name. It also helps when deciding which scout to use for particular players/assignments. (Note: if you do this you should update the nicknames every few months as the ratings do change)

What a great idea! Im having that. Good man.

"Bilbo Baggins 17/18".

A similar one: I put a nickname on my youth players if the assistant predicts he will be a good player. For instance, if I had a player called Frodo Baggins and the assistant thinks he will be a future star, I will give him the nickname of....

"Frodo Baggins YP"

You can see how "gelled" your players are in the "Team Talk Feedback" section of the Ass. Man.'s info...I recently started dafuge's challenge, and, having signed about 20 new players, plus 2 season-long loans, it started at "there is a worrying lack of cohesion..." for the 6 friendlies and about 5-7 matches into the season, then switched to "our players are someway short of operating as a unit," which lasted until about 20 matches (cup matches included), and now it says "our players have not yet developed a good understanding," which I expect will last the better part of the season, at the end of which, barring any significant turnover, should change to "our current players are blending well together," or perhaps even "our players have reach a good level of understanding."

I also notice that as the team gels more and more, I am able to up the tempo, and for the more mentally strong individuals (decisions, anticipation, positioning, teamwork), I can even up their creative freedom (I'm talking gradually, starting with about notch 5, or "little," I can up them to the exact middle, at around 11), now that they have gelled, more or less.

Hope that helps!

Players motivaition during match??

Good post about team talk feedback!

During the match go to the players ratings screen. Top right you should see a "view" drop down menu. Click on it you'll find motivation.

Very helpful to gauge how successful your team talks are.

Archived