Quick Question about Regens

I'm currently in the 2015/16 season with leeds in the premiership. Over the years i've expanded my training and youth facilities to the maximum level however every year i always get the same old rubbish coming through with maybe one 4 star potential who usually turns out awful anyway.

Am I just really unlucky, or is there something more to it?

I don't know for sure, but I'd wager it has to do with club reputation, perhaps? I'd imagine that even with world class youth facilities, the more famous clubs like Man U will still recruit better youngsters. Give it time.

With QPR I face the same issue in 2014/15...but what I do is just steal other teams hot prospects and then have them develop at my excellent facilities.

Every team but mine produce good regens, this is over a span of around 13 years at the same club. Disappointing as all I want is a whole team of homegrown, but instead its a 'fake' homegrown, by stealing young players and 'growing' them at my club.

It's a matter of odds and luck. Seems like you've been unlucky so far. Yet, the stars rating is relative to your club stature. I expect you to be a big player in the Prem and then 4 stars isn't bad at all (just compare with you assman stars ratings for your current first team players) and 5 stars might be a super-wonderkid already in your case. Which means it might just be okay and no bad luck, maybe just the absence of very good luck... :)

What Jayahr says:

by example, I'm with ac milan, won 5 titles in a row.

I have a youth regen, 3 stars. 3 stars for me means: "scout thinks he can become a lead Serie A player in his position"

So, if I would have a 5 star player, well, he would be like a new pele or something.

Archived