England U-21's?

I'm currently managing in the premiership and my team has been made up of many England U-21 players, perhaps becuase I've been following the euro championships so thoroughly but nevertheless it brings me to the question whether you can get the England U-21 job or for that matter any other U-21 job as I've never came across despite remembering that I had the England U-17 job on FM07 I believe... Anyone managed an under 21 team or know whether its possible?

You can manage them but you can't do it from the beginning.

I would like SI to add U21s or U19s Squads to available teams to start your career with. Since there are some managers in real life that use the Youth teams to increase their reputation.

If you create a manager to be manager of the senior team you can offer another human manager t

he youth team jobs, then retire that manager. Of course, this would artificially change the senior manager but that's the easiest way to do it in game.

You can be offered U21 job, but it's quite rare. You can also start life as manager of the U21s, when selecting wo you want to manage go to the England National team, then take a look at the U21's and it should say "take control" in the bottom left, if you click that you will become U21 manager.

It's a fruitless task though, as matches are few and far between, competitions lack reputation and as such your reputation doesn't grow particularly quickly.

Zola's done well at West Ham, Pearce did well at City on a shoestring.

alot of people put Zola's success down to the Zola-Clarke pairing, as well as the fact that they've done what they should be doing, finishing mid-table. Pearce did nothing really. I'm talking about real quality

Yeah was thinking off trying to get another job on the side but this way ensured I got the U-21 job, in response to goalkeepers, Loach is hardly inept and Alex Smithies is your best bet in the long run.

alot of people put Zola's success down to the Zola-Clarke pairing, as well as the fact that they've done what they should be doing, finishing mid-table. Pearce did nothing really. I'm talking about real quality

Pearce did a good job at Man City, he kept the team playing well and achieving there high expectations even though he had little money.

I think Zola did well as U21 manager too didnt he? I would put them as good and not great. The game should reflect that you can manage a U21 side and then on reputation go on to manage in the PL etc.

Pearce did a good job at Man City, he kept the team playing well and achieving there high expectations even though he had little money.

are you serious, after being appointed permanently he missed out on the UEFA cup and that was as good as it got, 15th and 14th and knocked out of cups by league one clubs two years running, not to mention their record low goal scoring feat.

iirc Zola was the "assistant" to Gigi Casiraghi so Wet Spam is really his first managerial job

Archived