skin or settings for 1080p 21.5" monitor

Hi,

I've just purchased a new computer system, including a new 21.5" widescreen 1080P monitor.

FM09 suffers from a really spaced-out screen - in that, for example, on the (non-match) screens there are massive gaps between columns, making things almost unreadable.

I've had a play around with the different resolutions in the preferences, and 1920x1080 is the only resolution which appears to "fit" the screen width, without stretching the display.

I would have thought there must be skins to suit such monitors, but I can't seem to find any?

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

I'm using a 22" Widescreen and a resolution of 1680x1050 is fine for me with Flex Skin here. What's the native resolution of the Monitor? You should probably keep it at that and find a Skin to suit.

I wouldn't use "1080p" in this post since thats usually reserved for HDTV video, even though technically your resolution does indeed have 1080 lines of vertical resolution.

I'm using a 25.5" screen, and i was having the same problem. In the end, for the team squad at least, i edited the .xml files, so i could view more things (on the team squad screen for starters) instead of basically empty space.

I'm using 1920 x 1200 resolution.

I suffer from the same 'problem' then realzealman, although i haven't really considered it a 'problem' for me :D

You'll probably find all widescreen monitors will space things out more, after all, theres more screenspace to fill up.

Try editing the panels like roykela suggested, theres threads in the Skinning Forum about how to edit the various screen panels to fill them up with more data.

That's what i did. Was reading about how to do it in the skinning forum and decided to play around a bit. So much wasted space there otherwise :p

The only thing i have against it (with my editing) is that i've seem to manage to change the colours on the players that are on loan. Still waiting for an answer on that one in the skinning forum - sounds a bit morbid lol.

If you have any ideas, while you play around with the files, or stumble on to something on other screens, feel free to let me know. This is just the team squad screen i've edited, but i would love to fill other gaps on other screens.

Well, honestly I don't think it's a "problem", it's just that - wide screen.

Glad you found a way to "fix" it, though, mind you I'd kill for that resolution :p

i brought a 23' 1080p display for only 120 pounds great value

A lot cheaper than mine, that's for sure. Think i paid around £500 for mine. Week after it was down to half price:( Typical.

But in the long run it was worth it. Still wish it had been cheaper at the time though.

Archived