Fabregas - Getting the most out of him??

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or knows how to get the best out of Fabregas in the midfield??

I'm in my fourth season with Arsenal and have been very successful. I have built a great team with the likes of Kaka and Messi. Fabregas has consistantly been regarded as a top player in my side and as a 5-star player by my coaches and his stats have improved a lot but I still can't seem to get the best out of him. His potential ability if you look in the editor is 195 so I'm thinking he should be getting average ratings of at least 7.20+ per season.

However its more around the 7.00 mark. He doesnt seem to get a 7+ rating in a game unless he scores or makes an assist and he does neither as much as he should or does in real life.

Basically his stats are amazing by this point in my game but his ratings aren't. I play him in a 2-man centre midfield on the right side along with Gokhan Inler (with Kaka playing AMC)

[Messi - Inler - Fabregas - Srna]

The only instructions I set for him are "play through balls" and sometimes give him a little more creative freedom. I don't play him as a playmaker because this doesn't seem to work for me.

So does anyone know how to play him, how to instruct him etc. in order to get the best out of him? I feel like this world-class player is being wasted

Cheers!

what season are you in? i actually am getting a bit more out of him now in my fourth season. hes played 22 games, 2 goals, 5 assists, average rating 7.14. This is definitely the best season he's having for me. by now his stats are amazing so i still think he should be doing better, especially in the assist department.

last season his league average rating was 7.04, season before was 7.02 and season before that was 6.87!! this season its much better at 7.19.

still though something aint right. i did think bout replacing him in the midfield cuz i have so many brilliant midfielders in my shortlist but i stuck wiv him, his stats and potential is simply too good. i wouldnt sell him if i was you, but we defs need to figure out how to play him in order to get the most out of him;)

I trained him to play DM, so that when I played him in CM in 4-2-3-1 he was more holding with Nasri playing less holding

But at Arsenal IRL he doesn't really score many so you are getting the best, I think

I trained him to play DM, so that when I played him in CM in 4-2-3-1 he was more holding with Nasri playing less holding

But at Arsenal IRL he doesn't really score many so you are getting the best, I think

he scored quite a few in 07/08 season which is what the game developers had to go on when determining player abilities... his finishing is 15 for me

His full stats were 59 games 26 goals 35 assists, 2nd season he had 44 games 23 goals and 29 assists. He is the best CM on the game in my opinion.

that's amazing... i dont think ive ever got them kind of assist scores out of any of my players... and its especially impressive considering the amount of creative talent in the barcelona team

Thats the negative side and a bit strange though Iniesta has the exact same instructions and is marked as the playmaker yet he doesnt get close to Xavi I think he has less than half the assists and and goals that Xavi does. Also Xavi takes the corners last season we score 11 goals from corners so thats why he has so many assists he also scores 8 to 10 freekicks as season aswell.

So does anyone know how to play him, how to instruct him etc. in order to get the best out of him? I feel like this world-class player is being wasted

Cheers!

I'm now in the 2015 season with Arsenal, and I am still playing cesc in the midfield. I have asked myself the same question many times, cause I can't seem to figure out how to use him properly. He is lucky to get over 7.1 and that's only if the others on my team gets like 7.5-7.6ish. Usually he lands around 6.8-6.9, a good part of the time even lower.

Anyone?

i have given him a free role in the CM position and it doesnt seem to do much good. would i be wise playing him in free role as playmaker in CM position when i have kaka ahead of him in the AMC position? (i dont use a playmaker at the moment)

He's not a playmaker ingame is he? I'd give him more balanced instructions than 'all out attack'. Maybe some people can magic that into working but it certainly wouldnt work for me.

edit: I never give free roles to centre mids.

He's not a playmaker ingame is he? I'd give him more balanced instructions than 'all out attack'. Maybe some people can magic that into working but it certainly wouldnt work for me.

you should do as it gives the player the freedome to roam from side to side to get on the ball and hit killer balls from all over the pitch.

you should do as it gives the player the freedome to roam from side to side to get on the ball and hit killer balls from all over the pitch.

I've tried free roles around the team and am pretty happy with giving it to (a) winger/s or attacking midfielder (in the hole), this is just the way I've built teams I guess. The focus for me in centre mid is winning the ball and passing it wide. Maybe with one guy with forward runs often/through balls often (strength/creativity/decisions/passing).

just played away to man utd in champs league and beat them 3-0. used fabregas as suggested by nottmlad69 and he played well (7.4), however it was kaka and messi who stole the show. had all the 3 players in free roles... (fabregas CM, kaka AMC, messi AMR). used fabregas as the playmaker and adebayor as target man. kaka scored 2 and messi scored 1 (wondergoal:D)

just played away to man utd in champs league and beat them 3-0. used fabregas as suggested by nottmlad69 and he played well (7.4), however it was kaka and messi who stole the show. had all the 3 players in free roles... (fabregas CM, kaka AMC, messi AMR). used fabregas as the playmaker and adebayor as target man. kaka scored 2 and messi scored 1 (wondergoal:D)

sounds good, using him this way fabregas will not score many goals but he will chip with a couple of long range shots a season i find.

I can't get Fabregas to perform either, no matter what I do. I'm now playing a very offensive 4-4-2 with wingers instead of MR/ML and perform insanly good as a team, but Fabregas does not meet my expectations in this game either.

This is the best I have ever had him perform though.

Apps 32(3) , Goals 5 , assist 9 , avg rat 7.23

I can't get Fabregas to perform either, no matter what I do. I'm now playing a very offensive 4-4-2 with wingers instead of MR/ML and perform insanly good as a team, but Fabregas does not meet my expectations in this game either.

This is the best I have ever had him perform though.

Apps 32(3) , Goals 5 , assist 9 , avg rat 7.23

that's not bad... better than ive ever got out of him

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my first season with Arsenal. I won the league and the league cup, fabregas got fans player of the year, and third place in player of the year. He scored 15 goals and got 11 assists with an average rating of 7.47.

I got him to learn placed shots and trained him into amc. I played him alongside sissoko with a forward arrow from cm and set his instructions to-

forward runs - often

run with ball - mixed

long shots - mixed

through balls - often

cross ball - mixed

creative freedom - much

passing - short/mixed

and set him to playmaker

seemed to work a treat

Archived