annoying

Dont get me wrong, i think this game is immense and have bought and played every game since 1992.

But some things seem to annoy me.

Got sacked as villa manager ( as everyone does in this game )

took over as derby who were 2nd bottom with 5 games to go, i win every game and stay up!!

THE BOARD ARE DISSAPOINTED IN MY MANAGMENT !!!!!!!

half way throgh the next season, i am sitting at about 10th position and they sack me ?????

also, when playing some games, you can be playing really well, come back from 2 goals down, take control of the pitch and surprise surprise the oppisition score in the 93rd min.

happens nearly every game !!!!

its like the results are already set before the game starts ???

Dont get me wrong, i think this game is immense and have bought and played every game since 1992.

took over as derby who were 2nd bottom with 5 games to go, i win every game and stay up!!

half way throgh the next season, i am sitting at about 10th position and they sack me ?????

also, when playing some games, you can be playing really well, come back from 2 goals down, take control of the pitch and surprise surprise the oppisition score in the 93rd min.

I'm into my 12th season with Villa, so obviously it doesn't happen to everyone ;)

I've seen this issue come up on here before, it's like you inherit the ill-feeling that the previous manager would have had directed at his management/the team's season. Fair enough, you kept the team up, but they are still disappointed with the season as a whole

I got a feeling the AI of this game tend to read the CLUB's performance as a whole in a season to judge a manager's performance.

in ur case, say u take over Derby and save them from relegation, but the AI of this game doesn't read ur INDIVIDUAL performance, rather the club's overall position. so if u finish 16, or 17 u r still deemed as a failure.

just like the case somebody mentioned before about Luton. despite winning a lot of the matches, because Luton got points deduction at the start, so Luton's overall position in the league is still low. The AI read the TEAM's overall position to judge the manager rather than the manager's actual performance.

that's my guess.

Sh*t happens

Very helpful :thup:

I think the board confidence needs another revamp for FM2010 as they don't ever seem to read the situation you are in realistically; whether that be with the instances above or signing a 'hot prospect' that they find disappointing.

Known problem for a lot of people.

You inherit the difficulties of the last manager. It doesn't happen every time, as sometimes the game recognises your new arrival. But it DOES happen occasionally.

It isn't your fault, it's a game engine error.

Your last point about comebacks... "sh*t happens" was just a very non-polite way of saying "that's football". AC Milan/Liverpool, CL final anyone??? ;)

What peter evo said is also an issue, the amount of times my board become dissapointed in some 1-5M player ive signed because hes rarely played, of course hes rarely played, hes a kid with about a quarter of the current ability of the players i have in that position.

Although i havnt had that kind of issue with sacking in the game, but ive only really played 1 game with 1 team lol. I did have a problem in FM08...

Just having a similar problem in my game. I was bored of my Palace save so resigned and took over the Ipswich job. They were 2nd bottom of League 2 and bankrupt with no money to speand so I thought it would be a good challenge.

My league record since taking over is: P9 W7 D1 L1 F19 A5 and we've climbed to 10th in the league.

The board should be ecstatic with this but instead my job is very insecure and they are "disappointed that the team is only on course to achieve a respectable position within the Coca Cola League 2 this season". Yes, they want to win the league but they aren't accounting for the fact that they won only 2 out of 12 games before I arrived!

I'm tempted to resign and look elsewhere as I hate getting sacked but I really want to try and take them up. :(

Archived