Visual comparison of players

Hi, I´m new to this game and this forums, and is only playing FM 2006 yet, so what I want to suggest might already have been inplemented. I find the wealth of detail and complexity in FM to be slightly overwhelming. The most difficult part is being able to interpret a bewildering amount of player attributes and statistics into a "feel" for each player. Who is he? What is he good and bad at?

I have a little suggestion when it comes to comparing your own players. When you choose to compare any two players in your squad you would have the chance to have a visual comparison of them in different football situations with the help of the match view (3D or 2D).

For example, say I want to compare two of my strikers. I can then choose different training-situations where I can see (perhaps in split view or one after the other) how they perform in different situations directly.

For example, you should be able to compare them in:

* Play crossing balls

* Dribbling exercises

* Finishing

* Heading

* Long shots

* Long throws

* Marking

* Passing (both long and short)

* Penalties

* Free kicks

* Tackling

* Technique

* Sprinting

* Long distance running

* Agility, balance, jumping and strength

* And specific exercises for goalkeepers

For example, if you want to compare two strikers in heading, you can have an exercise in which both players get say 10 crosses to try to head into the net, and you will be able to compare their performances visually.

I reckon that this would be a good addition to the training section of FM, would also help you to pick your formation and roles for each player. It wouldn't require a great deal of work IMO as we could use parts of the ME that are already incorperated into the game.

Could be a useful feature. I would use it and it gets a :thup: from me

Seems a bit too gimmicky to me. Surely if you just look at who has a higher heading stat that will tell you who you should pick instead of looking at a training exercise?

What \/ said.

But usually are several attributes interconnected, which could make it difficult to judge the player ability. That is why I think this feature would be useful, to get a better "feel" for each player.

Many attributes are interlinked, heading would incorporate strength, technique, determination and maybe more.

Archived