Running every league

Hi,

I am interested in finding out what type of system you would need to have in order to switch every league on with the largest database you could.

I am in the process of getting a new desktop and wanted to know if having every league selected with the largest database and all graphics full etc what kind of system ( and if my new one ) could run this.

Thanks

Allan

Im not a computer expert but iv'e read people with quad-core machines saying that there would be currently no PC capable of running all the leagues with large database.

You should do a search there are plenty of threads with people discussing PC specs

Well I am currently waiting for it to load a game with every league running and a large database.

I am using a Core 2 Duo E7400 overclocked to 3.4 GHz and it has been loading for 20 minutes now.

I will update in a bit to tell you how long it took to load and how it runs after is has loaded.

Lol that would be so boring

Yup.

Its why I generally try and keep the number of leagues I run below 10.

I can run 40 to 50 and it still be a very playable pace but I much prefer having the game run quickly even if it limits what countries and levels I can manage at a bit.

Tbh I usually plan my career before I start the game anyway!

I would love to be able to run every league with a large database and still have the game run at a playable pace, but I don't think it's possible in any of the newer versions. That's what I love about CM 01/02. I can easily run every league with the largest database and the game still flies through the seasons. I tried CM 03/04 this way, but it took way too long to process between matches. FM 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 was the same way.

My setup is below do you think that this could run it or will I get the same results as yourself.

Processor (CPU)

AMD PHENOM™ II X4 940 (3.0GHz) BLACK EDITION (Socket AM2+)

Memory (RAM)

4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1066MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x2GB)

Motherboard

ASUS® M4N72-E: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, 2 x PCI-Ex, 2 x PCI

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium 64 bit Edition + SP1, CD & Licence (£78)

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st CD/DVD Drive

6x BLU-RAY ROM & HD-DVD ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£69)

Graphics Card

896MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX260 PCI EXPRESS

2nd Graphics Card

Case

COOLERMASTER HAF 932 BLACK GAMING PC CASE

Power Supply & Case Cooling

800W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£89) (Special Offer)

Processor Cooling

SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£15)

It really depends on what you call playable. Some people think that waiting 10 minutes between matches is playable. You can "run" all the leagues on your computer but its going to be lightyears from being even remotely playable for most people.

IMO on your kind of computer 10 leagues on a large database would be a maximum still playable setup. Its going to be slow but if you browse or watch movies while you wait for processing its still an ok experience.

Hi,

I am interested in finding out what type of system you would need to have in order to switch every league on with the largest database you could.

Probably something that NASA would use to lauch the space shuttle would be able to do this. Hope you have plenty of money;)

My setup is below do you think that this could run it or will I get the same results as yourself.

Processor (CPU)

AMD PHENOM™ II X4 940 (3.0GHz) BLACK EDITION (Socket AM2+)

Memory (RAM)

4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1066MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x2GB)

Motherboard

ASUS® M4N72-E: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, 2 x PCI-Ex, 2 x PCI

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium 64 bit Edition + SP1, CD & Licence (£78)

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st CD/DVD Drive

6x BLU-RAY ROM & HD-DVD ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£69)

Graphics Card

2nd Graphics Card

Case

COOLERMASTER HAF 932 BLACK GAMING PC CASE

Power Supply & Case Cooling

800W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£89) (Special Offer)

Processor Cooling

SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£15)

You have almost the same system as I do.

Your processor is slightly quicker but mine is arguably better with the overclock I have done on it. You have almost exactly the same graphics card as me, I just have the BFG overclocked one, almost exactly the same ram (DDR2 and same frequency, just different brand) and the same speed hard drive with a smaller cache (mine is 32mb).

I would expect you would get almost exactly the same results as me, it will play but it will be very slow.

I've run all leagues with A core duo T6400 and 4GB ram laptop. Takes about 1 hour to start game but wasn't too bad between matches surprisingly. Will work if you are patient.

As has been said before, a lot of people can run all leagues but whether that person views it as playable is entirely dependent on that individual and the majority of people who play this game probably don't have the patience needed to play it.

amd 9750 quadcore o/c to 2.8ghz 8GB RAM nvida gtx260. Can run all leagues but takes too long.

In fact unplayable.

Another example of personal opinion.

A system like that will run the game a lot quicker than mine and yet I view my game as just about playable, yet despite yours being much quicker you think that it is unplayable.

Archived