Why does scoring goals feel like a recipe for conceding?

I suppose it's a tactical thing. In fact, I'm convinced of it. But it seems strange to me that, if my team makes a good start to a game and puts away two or three goals, I can't figure out any way of stopping the opposition getting one or two back, at the very least. I assume that the opposition goes more attacking, which would make sense, but I struggle to do anything about it.

Does anyone else experience this? Should I go more cautious if I score two or three goals? It's not really in my footballing nature to do that...

Once I score a few, I tend to change formation. On about 60 minutes, if I'm winning comfortably, I'll change to a 4-3-2-1. That way I can boss the midfield with 3 midfielders (eg 2 cm and 1 dm or 2 cm and 1acm), but still counter account with 2 wingers cutting in and 1 striker! It works with me to keep control and maybe steal another. Normally I play a straight forward 4-4-2.

Definitely tactics. I usually got 4-5-1 at 60minutes if 2-0 or 1-0 up withmy best forward (fastest at least and best finishing) up front. I can usually geta goal on the break with that (obviosuly changing the tactics to suit that kind of play.)

3-0 I usually put on some kids or somebody needing game time - so not annoyed when they score.

try sticking witht the same tactics because i've found that if you are attacking and controlling most of the possesion you also limit the oppositions chances, only go more defensive if they come close to scoring or if they are controlling the game.

I think there are too many goals and goals conceeded in the game as a whole.

Also team talks have too much of an influence in the game. In real life a team talk will not inspire a side as often as it happens in FM.

In FM many teams have 3-4 players who have "fired up" and they tend to play brilliantly, no matter how poorly they played in the first half.

FM2010 needs to tone down a lot of these little things.

Archived