Wants a new challenge?

If a player is unhappy because he wants a new challenge is there any way to make him change his mind??? i am man utd and only 1 and half seasons in and michael carrick has decided he wants a new challenge and would like to leave... i want to keep him for at least 2 more years as the heart of my midfield

In my experience I have never managed to convince a player at my club to stay after he has said he wants a new challenge. I have tried offering them huge contracts, changing their squad status to key player. I have even won a few major trophies to raise the reputation of my club BUT still they want to leave.

So to answer your question - I haven't found a way to make a player change his mind. I would be interested to hear other people's views to see if they have managed in their saves though.

If you're very proactive in dealing with this you can stop it. If they agree to a new contract, it will usually go away. You just have to be on your toes and get it when either your AM warns you it could happen or just quickly.

I think once they decide they want a new challenge it's basically a unofficial transfer request. At Man U had to sell Nani and hargreaves as a result (39m and 15m respectively)

If a player is unhappy because he wants a new challenge is there any way to make him change his mind??? i am man utd and only 1 and half seasons in and michael carrick has decided he wants a new challenge and would like to leave... i want to keep him for at least 2 more years as the heart of my midfield

An ideal replacement for Carrick would be Veloso from Sporting. Young, cheap and ambitious. Fits the bill perfectly for me!

I think once they decide they want a new challenge it's basically a unofficial transfer request. At Man U had to sell Nani and hargreaves as a result (39m and 15m respectively)

SCIAG - I agree with the above

Archived