requirements - celeron (FM2009)

I would like to know, if is possible to play FM2009 on my desktop (I bought it in 2005)

I know, that there were a lot of posts about requirements, but I didn’t find information if Intel Celeron 2.4 may be suitable. (theoretically it is over minimum specs, but I don’t know if FM2009 isn’t too challenging for this processor and may overheat it – I use a standard cooling system).

Celeron 2.4

RAM 1 GB

Graphic card: Geforce FX5700

XP

Since you have a desktop it should be pretty easy to upgrade both the ram and the graphics card to something a bit better. I would personally suggest that you get at least 2GB ram but I am not sure about a graphics card so maybe someone else can suggest a better one. You should also make sure that you are not running too many other things at the same time as fm and this will also help with the performance. You can open up task manager and disable quite a lot of the processes before you start FM and it shouldn't cause any issues. I do this and don't have any problems.

With that graphics card, expect a lot of glitching in the match engine. With that general set up, the game will really drag if you go above what the game recommends as the amount of leagues you should run - that's with a tweaked system btw, so if you're running anti-virus scanners and don't reduce background stuff to the bare minimum then you'll have even worse performance.

I run 29 divisions with a P4 2.4, 512mb ram and a graphics card which is about 4 or 5 times better when benchmarked. It's slow work :)

Archived