The Perfect Manager Experiment

First of all I wanted to find out what would happen if I got a random manager put everything at 20, put him in charge of a club in every division and watch as events unfold.

Next I want them to be in charge of an English club outside the top 4 teams in that division or at the top teams in europe

When all 7 managers have retired the experiment ends. So I looked at the teams in the English league system and the teams I have chosen are Man City, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Luton, Altrincham , Harrogate ,Dorchester Roma and Villarreal

How will the managers do in charge of there clubs

Find out... soon.

I reckon that you should put managers in charge of a club in every division in England from the EPL to the BSS/BSN and see how they do compared to each other :)

Yes that's a very good idea. The experiment will be a lot more organised that way. In that case the clubs the managers will be in charge are Blackpool, Huddersfield. Luton(big task ahead there) Altrincham ,Harrogate and Dorchester

Put some in charge at top level clubs and some at bottom level clubs and see how well they do as well, that will spice things up a bit more. What leagues will you be loading and what PA and CA will you give the managers?

the help you were giving the OP was good and can only be encouraged, it's just that when you start a new thread the last thing you want is people to start talking about things non-related to the Experiment, as it leads to people forgetting the reason the thread was started and talking about the OTF stuff.

Whoops, didn't realise that you edited the OP. Here are my predictions:

Man City: 4th Place

Blackpool: 8th Place

Huddersfield: 2nd Place - Promoted automatically

Luton: 22nd - Will miraculously avoid the drop out of the FL :D

Altrincham: 10th

Harrogate: 4th - Promoted Via the Playoffs

Dorchester: 6th

Roma: 3rd

Villarreal: 3rd

im no good with predictions, but i'll have a guess at the clubs i do know:

Man City 3rd (with a good manager and good signings, and the fact that they dont seem to need to gel on 9.3, i reckon the could challenge for the title)

Luton: 23rd ( i reckon the 30pt deficit will be too much, and will drag them down. the manager will jump ship if a premiership club calls.) [not just for this season]

Roma 2nd (they'll fight with inter and juve for the title, but miss out)

Villarreal 4th (they wont contest for 1st of 2nd, so they'll fight for 3rd but miss out)

i also predict that i will be wrong on at least 1 account

What's been done to try and ensure managers stay with their selected clubs? Surely with the high CAs they'll be instant targets to be poached by the top sides. Long contracts and high loyalty would probably be a good idea.

What's been done to try and ensure managers stay with their selected clubs? Surely with the high CAs they'll be instant targets to be poached by the top sides. Long contracts and high loyalty would probably be a good idea.
And set the clubs as favoured clubs as well, that would help :)

i've done both of that

So the season has started and the managers get to show there clubs what they are all about. Even with these good managers though There has been a mix of fortunes for all clubs.

July and August 2008

Man City

ManchesterCity-1.png

EnglishPremierDivision-1.png

ManchesterCity-2.png

As you can see Man City have bought the same players as they usually do so so far no change in usual transfers. Whatever the manager is doing must be working because with wins against Sunderland Everton and Wigan Man City are top. Their top goalscorer Vagner Love has 3 goals to his name. Meanwhile a easy second qualifying two leg affair with Bellinzona put them through to the first round of the Uefa cup.

P.S.Any helps with these posts would be grateful:)

Blackpool

Blackpool.png

Coca-ColaChampionship.png

Blackpool-1.png

Blackpool have decided to make a small profit so far this season with spending 300K on 5 players while selling two for 375K. In the league it's an ok start but the lack of wins puts them low down. The club have done well in the league cup,beating Grimsby and Bristol City and now face a third round tie against Arsenal.

Huddersfield

HuddersfieldTown.png

Coca-ColaLeague1.png

HuddersfieldTown-2.png

Huddersfield have started well and are already looking like serious promotion contenders. They have only decided to bring a loanee in but they've made a decent profit from selling. They won their league cup match against Bradford and now face a second round match against Man City.(I didn't do the draw:D)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived