Does age matter?

I am playing as Pompey and i am in my 3 season.My striker Crouch was good the first season bad the second and in the first half of the 3 seseon he was really bad.But afer he turned 31 he started to score every game!None of his stats are changed.Also my CB Distin,after his stats droped and he turned 34 he started to play like Terry.Does age has any factor in ME performance?

If a pacey centreback loses his pace with age, and his training encourages development of his mental attributes, then you may well see the centreback relying on those mental stats for defending rather than raw pace. That might be what you are seeing. Eventually however all the stats will decline and that's when you should consider the player's career.

If a pacey centreback loses his pace with age, and his training encourages development of his mental attributes, then you may well see the centreback relying on those mental stats for defending rather than raw pace. That might be what you are seeing. Eventually however all the stats will decline and that's when you should consider the player's career.

But what about Crouch.His stats aren't changed.

But what about Crouch.His stats aren't changed.

Assuming that his stats have remained identical from one season to the next (which would surprise me to be honest if there aren't any changes), you're defining his improvement as being measured in 'goals'. Is it him who has 'improved' or your team/supply to him? Too many factors really - you say he had a good first season, then a couple of bad ones, then he's back on form. Without access to all that information, it's impossible to say to be honest - assuming still that there has not been any stats changing whatsoever over the course of those three/four seasons.

Assuming that his stats have remained identical from one season to the next (which would surprise me to be honest if there aren't any changes), you're defining his improvement as being measured in 'goals'. Is it him who has 'improved' or your team/supply to him? Too many factors really - you say he had a good first season, then a couple of bad ones, then he's back on form. Without access to all that information, it's impossible to say to be honest - assuming still that there has not been any stats changing whatsoever over the course of those three/four seasons.
Well yeah the team is imroved and so are my tactics so i gess you're right.Anyway instead of opening a new thread i will ask in this one.Does the atribute masking that you can turn on at the begging of the game also counts for the AI?

.Anyway instead of opening a new thread i will ask in this one.Does the atribute masking that you can turn on at the begging of the game also counts for the AI?

Anyone?????????

Steven Gerrard is turning 40 and playing every week with Roma in my saved game and its 2020. Mind you I hope he will retire at seasons end. His attributes haven't gone down much at all

i have no players over 30 they go after that

30 ? for some reason I don't know, once my 1st teamers get age 23/24 I move em on, reap the rewards of the big offers and get youth players 17-19 yrs old to replace them

Nearly all my first team are around 22-24 and reserves all 21 and under. However, my captain and vice-captain are 30 and 28. i think some experience is needed, and you can't generalise too much about OAPs since some like Gerrard appear to be top class for many years.

Archived