resting players in training

I have never used the rest option unless one of my players is jaded and in need of a rest so I can't say I've ever used the rest option prior to a game. I couldn't honestly tell you if it helps in any way but I've never had any trouble with players performing when they have been training all week long.

I have never used the rest option unless one of my players is jaded and in need of a rest so I can't say I've ever used the rest option prior to a game. I couldn't honestly tell you if it helps in any way but I've never had any trouble with players performing when they have been training all week long.

I use the 'Rest' when I am playing in a Cup while also having league games throughout the week and games end up being very close together (such as 2-3 days apart). I'lll take not of key starters on my team who will be participating in both and give them 3 days off.

I've never actually tested it (as in reloading to see what the Condition difference would be) but I feel that is one of the main reasons that option was put in, so I use it.

i have only just decided to use it today my players condition is normally in and around the 80 and lower sometimes but in the last few games ive used the rest option and the condition dont seem to have gone down as bad as it used to

i have only just decided to use it today my players condition is normally in and around the 80 and lower sometimes but in the last few games ive used the rest option and the condition dont seem to have gone down as bad as it used to

When you start a match your teams condition is at 80%? :eek: I don't have experience with a large variety of teams, but that seems incredibly low to start a match with.

I'd use rest when players are "Jaded and in need of rest". Also, I can't quite get to grips with selecting players for reserve games and sometimes, particularly after getting someone match fit following an injury, I accidently have them play in a reserve game first to a first team game. In this situation I'd use rest to get their condition up.

RE the 80% thing, maybe your training is too hard? You should be able to get people to 100% for every game more or less.

It knocks down the jadedness (on an editor or scout, you can see a fairly big drop in jadedness from a week's rest), but I've never seen it have a significant effect on condition.

It should, really - considering that most teams, when they play Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday, only end up training 4 days in that week (they get the day after a game off unless they didn't play).

I am now in the habit of giving the preferred starting 11 a 2 or 3 day rest at the start of every month from january to the end of the season. I do not know what affect it has on the performace in the match directly after the rest, but it certainly helps the longevity of the players during the end of season run in

One other benefit of a rest from training that has less to do with a player's condition recovery would be the greatly lowered risks of training ground injuries, especially if your training schedules involve very high physical training as mine does. So I tend to use this feature quite extensively when my team is heading into the final stretch of a season, as injuries picked up generally means the season is over for that particular player.

I don't think anyone has done successful tests to prove what difference - if any - resting makes. I follow my intuition. If I have 2 games in a week and my wingback is tired after the first game, I'll give him 2 days' rest to raise his condition to get him through the next game. If a player is jaded I think he needs a rest from games, not just training. This 'works' for me, but to be honest I'm not sure if he'd recover as well or reduce chance of training injury without the rest.

i've never used the rest option or rested my players from training. in a previous version you had the choice to rest them the day before a match i believe?

dont bother now and it doesn't seem to affect it. i just presumed that because the option to toggle it to work autmoatically was taken away from you that it happens under the bonnet with no interaction from me.

Archived