Zerex - From rags to riches

Well, inspired from the idea that I was looking for a challenge, I was told, Zerex, in the Spanish leagues. A squad to re-build, a poor team, it was brilliant, but I was planning out my own success with them.

Squad/Transfers - TBC

Results - TBC

I hope I enjoy this as much as I can, and if you wish, you can join in too!

I was curious because you will probably get alot more response to your career in the lower league managers thread, FM stories thread or Challenges sign ups and experiments thread. Or you could even create a Xerez thread in the good player forum:thup:

And to your retorical question there could be a number of reasons you'd give it that title:p

They are so not a poor team!

I did over 20 years with them on FM07, and a cursory glance at their team now suggests not much has changed except that they sold their best, but aging, striker.

The kid couldnt even be bothered to spell them right, i doubt he knows much about them, theyre not a bad team, they had a disapointing season last year, i think it was 14th or 15th they finished, theyre usually somewhere around the top half though, theyre actually top this year so theyre definatly not a bad team at all:rolleyes:

1. I forgot how to spell it

2. I don't know much about them, they're lower league in a complete different country to mine. And anyway, I was told on FMPulse that the had a crap squad which needed rebuilding.

I was told on FMPulse that the had a crap squad which needed rebuilding.

A good team to do that with would be a team called Real Murcia, theyve been in and out of the La Liga in Spain the past couple of seasons but have now become a bottom sided Division 2 team in Spain this season, thats both in the game and in real life, theyve got a couple of alright players and of course Daniel Aquino and Henok Goitom but apart from that they need rebuilding and returning to La Liga.

Sounds like a pretty good challenge actually, considering posting it in the challenge thread myself:rolleyes:

The kid couldnt even be bothered to spell them right, i doubt he knows much about them, theyre not a bad team, they had a disapointing season last year, i think it was 14th or 15th they finished, theyre usually somewhere around the top half though, theyre actually top this year so theyre definatly not a bad team at all:rolleyes:

True. They've always had good strikers, though - think Yordi (now at Córdoba CF) and Alex Geijo (now at Levante) - although this season they've definitely pushed above their weight - way, way beyond their weight - and while leaving Altidore on the bench half the time. I mean, Momo, who scored nothing last season, is now Xerez's top scorer this season...

Ah, the wonders of second-tier teams.

This wins the "creepy website image of the year" award, though:

SIENTE.jpg

Haha the second from the left looks like a thinner version of Paul Merson!

Actually, I thought that was Lionel Messi... Though I think it's actually Jesús "Messi" Mendoza, Xerez CD legend (around 200+ league appearances, the last time I checked).

Archived