Need Solution For Windowed Problem

Ok before i get blasted for not looking through every thread to try and help myself i did look at a couple of threads but found no definate answer...

I finally got my FM09 today and installed it with the help of steam which was good because it gave me the updates but bad as i read on here that if you make a shortcut with steam (or something like that) then it is almost impossible to get it in windowed version, now the screen i have is good enough to do it but it still continues to be greyed out in the prefences bit in the game, now i was looking to see if someone could give be a bit by bit explanation or how to resolve this.

thank you

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & select 'properties'.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok.

4. Double-click the Football Manager 2009 shortcut on your desktop & it should open up in a window.

Did you try that?

Word of warning, though:

In my experience I've noticed some odd happenings when using windowed mode -namely, the screen randomly goes black (and unresponsive) at times when saving or processing fixtures. Hasn't happened after switching to full screen.

Okay right click your shortcut and go into properties. Click compatibility then click the tick box under compatibility mode and choose windows XP (service pack 2). apply the change and it should stop the screen going black in windowed mode

Archived