Players Retiring Then Becoming Coach

I know there is an option that appears in player interaction when a player reaches 30 years old, this is to tell the player that they will make a good manager, coach, scout etc

Does this option do anything, i've read posts from many different people saying that it does and it doesnt work.

Has anyone managed to change their players ideas from definatly not going to stay in the game to definatly looking at the possibility of taking up a coaching role? After spamming them each month telling them that they will make a good coach etc.

I would really like to pursuade as many aging players to be on my staff list when they retire then eventually have all staff as past players from the club :)

I think if you really want to keep a player on as a staff member after he retires from playing, the earlier you start 'encouraging' him to become a coach/manager and the more often you say he'd be good at it the more likely he is to get his coaching badges/staff profile.

One thing I have noticed though, (as I have done this with a few of my veteran Milan players) is that they seem to demand as much money as staff as they were on as players. I have two coaches in particular, recently retired from playing that are costing me a combined total of £57,000 a week...which is probably more than the rest of my backroom staff combined:eek:

One thing I have noticed though, (as I have done this with a few of my veteran Milan players) is that they seem to demand as much money as staff as they were on as players. I have two coaches in particular, recently retired from playing that are costing me a combined total of £57,000 a week...which is probably more than the rest of my backroom staff combined:eek:

I've only seen that when I offered a contract while they were still active in playing. Once they retired from playing and became "just" coaches, their demands went down.

every player i have in my team becomes a coach it seems.

This is done by on the 1st of each month i will tell every player over 30 years old that i think they have the material to become a coach. By doing this you will find that they quickly turn from definately not staying, to definately staying in the game. Generally within a season upto a season and a half of doing this has their mind changed. I got a 38 yr old beckham into my Man Utd team simply to get him to become a coach knowing i could quickly change his mind from definately not staying. Now a season and a half later he definately staying in and i hoping he will now retire :D

As for the contracts... if they still on a large playing contract when you offer them a coaching contract they will ask the same money. However if you wait till their contract has run down to right near the end then you can get them on a normal, if not cheaper contract, then your other coaching staff

Archived