Billionaire Chairmen?

I've just won the playoffs with QPR and I'll be in the Premiership next season. As my team is in need of a major overhaul if we are to have any hope of survival next season, what are the odds of some Russian billionaire coming in to flower me with wads of cash? Does it ever happen in the game?

Tycoon takeovers can happen in the game and some of us have been fortunate to experience one:D

However they are not 2 a penny and I have only had 1 in 30 seasons across 3 different saves.

Hmmm, I'll just have to hope that the board are so overjoyed by my exploits that they up my transfer funds.

Do (certain) players who had previously knocked back your offer of a transfer become more willing to join your team if you move up a division?

Tycoon takeovers can happen in the game and some of us have been fortunate to experience one:D

However they are not 2 a penny and I have only had 1 in 30 seasons across 3 different saves.

It happens, you just have to get lucky! Also, your current chairman has to want to sell...

But you're QPR, are they not rich enough already?

They're one of the richest in the Coca Cola Championship, but not rich enough to realistically compete in the Premiership! I'll be lucky to get about 8-9

million for my kitty.

Hmmm, I'll just have to hope that the board are so overjoyed by my exploits that they up my transfer funds.

Do (certain) players who had previously knocked back your offer of a transfer become more willing to join your team if you move up a division?

Yes and no. I got mine while in L1 with Southport and so far Ive only made the championship. I still had some of the players from the BSN in my squad so Ive had to rebuild hugely. Promotion is a possibility for this season but I think next season is more realistic.

Plus I need a new stadium my 9012 (4664 seated) stadmium isnt going to cut it in the premiership. Its barely good enough for the championship :o

I've just won the playoffs with QPR and I'll be in the Premiership next season. As my team is in need of a major overhaul if we are to have any hope of survival next season, what are the odds of some Russian billionaire coming in to flower me with wads of cash? Does it ever happen in the game?

It happens but don't get your hopes to high. Aswell I'd say that your current owners were good enough aswell, you'll probably get around 15-25m to spend which is quite good.

It happens but don't get your hopes to high. Aswell I'd say that your current owners were good enough aswell, you'll probably get around 15-25m to spend which is quite good.

Well if that's the case then bring it on!

Gotta be fishing for the Bosmans during the summer. Usually you'll be able to get some good signings from abroad on frees. ;)

I'll keep my eyes peeled! In desparate need of a couple of strikers, a centre back and a midfielder. And a right back, left back and goalkeeper wouldn't hurt, either.

Roman's is no longer the pre-eminent pocket in west London. In one cursory flourish of his platinum card, the world's fifth richest man, who is worth £26 billion, has restructured the pecking order in Kensington and Chelsea. Ronaldinho is practically a Queens Park Rangers player. You never know, David Beckham might be supplying the crosses. He'd look good in hoops.

I started a career game as empoli in serie B. after 2 failed takeovers during first season, a consortium took over at the beginning of my second season having been promoted to serie A.

They pumped in 114m into my balance, i didnt feel i needed an overhaul of my team as you say you need, but the money helped me cement 7th place finishes in serie A for the next 2 seasons. so it does happen. but as others have pointed out the chairman has to want to sell the club. my chairmen was desperate to sell from the outset lol.

i started a new game when the last patch came out tho and saw empoli get promoted first season then top 10 in serie A thereafter for about 5 seasons so i think they might be a team that gets taken over often near the beginning of the game.

Roman's is no longer the pre-eminent pocket in west London. In one cursory flourish of his platinum card, the world's fifth richest man, who is worth £26 billion, has restructured the pecking order in Kensington and Chelsea. Ronaldinho is practically a Queens Park Rangers player. You never know, David Beckham might be supplying the crosses. He'd look good in hoops.

I've been given 26 million, which, whilst way more than I had expected and totally frigging marvelous, is causing some unforseen problems. I now think I'm Man U or something, and can't seem to bring myself to go for players whose stats aren't awe-inspiring. I keep going for unrealistic targets from La Liga who just knock me back, and I'm in danger of failing to buy anyone because of my delusions of grandeur with regards to the players I can hope to attract. I'm going to ask about in the players forum to see if anyone can recommend some good players who might agree to play in the blue and white hoops.

Archived