Scouting "Knowledge" a question...

From previous posts something has occurred to me.

If I send a scout to a foreign country where he has no knowledge, let's say Brazil, where there is a lot of young talent, he will come back with some player reccomendations.

Eventually he will have "full" knowledge of Brazil. If I then ask him to scout the same country , will he come back with more players?

Put short, does his previous knowledge bring up more players.

Let's also say he has 20/20 in JCA JPA, will he be able to unearth more gems?

And if he has full knowledge, will he complete scouting the country faster?

A scout of higher ability will have a better judgment, which means you can trust his assessment more than if a bad scout recommends a player. It does not necessarily mean he will find more players (remember there are always just two sides on the pitch ;)).

Theoretically full knowledge should mean that he 'knows' every player in that country, but I doubt it. Can't offer an advice in that area, sorry :(

A scout of higher ability will have a better judgment, which means you can trust his assessment more than if a bad scout recommends a player. It does not necessarily mean he will find more players (remember there are always just two sides on the pitch ;)).

Theoretically full knowledge should mean that he 'knows' every player in that country, but I doubt it. Can't offer an advice in that area, sorry :(

I appreciate that better scouts give more accurate reports on individual players. What I am trying to clarify is if a scout has full knowledge of a country, how he compares to an equally ood scout who has no knowledge fo the country.

More players or quicker to finish assignment.

Thanks for the replies so far...

I would say Both to be Honest cause if you know a country, you know where stuff is, where to look and stuff

That's a fair point I suppose. So on that assumption it could be concluded that the scout with 100% knowledge would find more players and fairly quickly.

How long would it take a scout with initially no knowledge to gain full knowledge of a country? I'd guess forever.

To be honest I've had a few scouts with 20/20 JCA JPA who have no knowledge of Spain, Brazil, Portugal and I think Argentina who have went to one of the countires and gained full knowledge by the end of their assignment - no more than 3 months.

From what I can gather:

PA/CA = accuracy of reports

Adaptability = how long they take gaining knowledge of new countries

Determination + Disipline = how long they take scouting players in general.

Think that's fairly accurate..?

Really? I thought that was common knowledge sorry... Dunno where I originally heard this, but it is for sure the case... I've just always known it since like FM05 :eek:

Even if you try to google "football manager scouts adaptability" you'll see loads of random posts saying it :thup:

I did a small experiment, as I don't have the time for something more acurate, and here it is:

I hired 2 scouts, same knowledge of a country (England), about the same determination (15-16).

Scout 1: JPP 14, JPA 12, rep=regional

Scout 2: JPP 6, JPA 4, rep=local

I requested scout reports for 10 different players from each of them. All the players had more or less the same amount of attributes hidden. The results:

1) The reports were compiled at exactly the same date.

2) The detail level of every report (strengths, weaknesses, personality etc.) was exactly the same. Also, seeing the player's personalities and several attributes, both scouts gave fairly accurate reports.

3) Scout 1 had almost every player's attributes revealed. Scout 2 had just one player fully "revealed", while for all the others many attributes remained hidden.

So, it seems that for scouting idividuals to find out their hidden attributes, we need higher JCA/PA and maybe reputation. For country/region scouting, I don't know.

Scout knowledge only unlocks players stats anyway really.

So if you've got full knowledge of, for example, Brazil, then clicking a Brazilian will let you see their stats which otherwise would be hidden.

I've found that if you leave a scout in a country once they've gained full knowledge, then all you get is "the capital city is ... " rubbish.

Archived