Champions League Group Stage Qualification

Apologies if this has already been brought up but I thought this was a bit weird...

Playing as Ajax in the Champions League

First match I beat AS Monaco 4-0 at home (Juventus beat Chelsea away in the other match)

I lose 4-2 away to Juventus (Chelsea beat Monaco)

I beat Chelsea 2-0 at Stamford Bridge (Juve beat Monaco)

I draw 2-2 with Chelsea at home

I draw 1-1 away to Monaco (Chelsea draw with Juve in Turin)

At this point I think I've qualified as with one match remaining I have 8 points and Chelsea have 5. However my head to head with Chelsea should mean I qualify even if I lose and Chelsea win. The game on the other hand didn't seem to recognise this fact.

In the end I beat Juve in the last match anyway but thought it was worth mentioning.

Yeah you're right, if it did end up with both you and Chelsea on 8 points each then you would go through due to you having a better record against them head-to-head. You should have already had qualified prior to your last match. Possibly something SI should look in to.

Yeah you're right, if it did end up with both you and Chelsea on 8 points each then you would go through due to you having a better record against them head-to-head. You should have already had qualified prior to your last match. Possibly something SI should look in to.

I thought as much the weird thing is that in the rules section it does list head-to-head as the first separator for teams with the same points but just doesn't seem to apply this until the group finishes

Oh right yeh, my **** reading :o

Yeah Juve were well ahead, already qualified by that stage and Monaco only picked up 1 point in the entire group. I suspect the game only flags you as already qualified when you have more points than anyone else could finish with.

Archived