Questions - Reserves

1. Before I had to do a clean uninstall then re-install of FM 09, everything was fine regarding making first team players available for the reserve team. However, know I have noticed that that option ' to make available for reserves' is not there anymore. Why has it gone, and more importantly how can I get it back? BTW I Have never downloaded any custome skins - I just have the default.

2. In my Birmingham save (first season) I have noticed that the reserve team are not in any of the reserve leagues, whilst the U18's team is. Why is this as well?

Thanks in advance.

Actually in the first season not every Championship team has a reserve team entered in a league, Norwich City for example don't have one. There are probably a few other ones as well, teams that are trying to save money or have very small squads.

Its pretty frustrating when you dont even get one single view in half an hour. But anyway Birmingham are a championship team and every other team in the league has a reserve team and a reserve league - so why dont I?

You probably got views, but IIRC, for this board software (and many others) it takes a while for them to show up (something to with memory? cache? I forget--it was explained to me on another board.)

The teams without reserves IRL this season don't have them in the game, but you'll be able to enter one in the second season.

I've been doing some searching, and it seems that the option us no longer there for teams who have no reserve team in a reserve league. So thats fine then - I will make sure that the reserve team are in a aleague next year, if I get an invitation. A mod can close this now.

Is there any way to get the reserve team into a league? My Lazio reserves never get invited and i could really use a reserve team playing matches.

There is no reserve league in Italy in real life, so there's none in the game.

So you'll either have to loan them all out or create lots of friendlies.

Archived