Heavy Training Schedules?

just wondering, what attributes of a player decide whether he will be happy with a heavy training schedule? i think work rate is a factor, but i dont think its the only one.

the reason is, is that sometimes i make specific schedules for individual players, and i want to get the max out of them. if i can.

also if you make your own schedules, what workload do you use? i made my own and have them on the last step of medium (1 before heavy). Also does anyone change their schedules during the preseason? theres a tip on this while the game loads sometimes, but ive never really known what it meant.

thanks

Working players too hard = more injuries. People complaining about "too many injuries" are most likely just over-training their squad, and/or playing them when less-than-fit.

My training regimes are one full slider-button-plus-one-notch below heavy. I can see the heavy line and a touch of space between the heavy notch and the slider. I still get injuries, but I rarely suffer from a "crisis." I have several different schedules, all with the same total workload, and assign them to the player by position or role. Playmaker, Setpiecer, Winger, PhysioIntense, Attack, Defense, Fullback, DM, Midfield, GK...there's one or two more I'm forgetting right now. I also have a Preseason schedule that is much lower in total workrate (five or six notches or so), but very physio-slanted.

To answer your question, I'd imagine work rate would play a factor, as would determination, and professionalism.

The attributes SSGT indicates are the important ones for how happy the player is with his training schedule.

In the stickied training thread in the tactics/training forum it's been claimed (by rashidi, i think) that you can start pre-season/early season on heavy training schedules in FM09 with no ill-effect. you need to drop down to one-below-medium after a few weeks, then finish the season on perhapd loe-medium in the final run-in.

I'm trying it now, but nervously since I have a very small squad with little lee-way if I do get too many injuries.

Archived