GK instructions -> distribute to : opponents

I have set precise instructions on who should be the target ( DR ) of the keeper distribution but he keeps on distributing balls 90% directly to the head of the opponents.

How can I avoid the comic routine ?

thanks

I think if you are so rigid in your instruction - ie only to DR - the goalie will pass it to the DR regardless of whether an opposition player is near. Try selecting another more open option that will have the goalie play a short pass to a player that is near but free of the opposition (I haven't got FM open and can't remember the exact options).

Nope, my DR is always deeply alone,free and far from opponents. The issue is that my GK kicks in the air almost 90% of the times, instead of distributing to the DR, 10% only it happenz.

It should be the vice versa IMO

Without being picky, I assume you are only watching the highlights, and so a situation where the GK kicks it to the oppo and they counter is going to get a lot more screen time than a passage of short passing play from your GK around your back four/ midfield.

So basically what I'm trying to say is the passes that you're seeing may not be representative of the GK's actions throughout the game.

That, or your DR smells funny ;)

Nope, my DR is always deeply alone,free and far from opponents. The issue is that my GK kicks in the air almost 90% of the times, instead of distributing to the DR, 10% only it happenz.

It should be the vice versa IMO

Weird. Really not sure then - maybe your goalie is just a rubbish passer!

as crpls said "whats his passing slider at" make sure its set to as short as possible at that his distribution method is throw not kick, also if you tick the counter attack button in team instructions then this will have a MAJOR influance. just some things for you to think about!!!

This has been a problem for ages. FM8 in particular was horrifically bad for goalkeeper distribution and superman AI defensive clearances for immediate AI scoring chances.

Solution? Ultra-deep dline, keeper on short passing and ultra low creative freedom.

Inference? There is a problem that can only be avoided by only playing tactics with ultra-deep dline, but, hey, there’s nothing wrong with the game.

It didn’t work, anyway. The human player’s keeper hoofed it the AI defenders regardless.

Now, it’s “must have counter attack ticked”, therefore, all non counter attacking tactics will hand this advantage to the AI.

It’s a problem, workaround or not. There are so many workarounds surely we are by now limited to one or two tactical setups that won’t hand various advantages to the AI.

you can get your keeper to distribute via a long kick only, or defender collect or quick throw. the latter 2 will help avoid kicking straight to opposition. a poor kicking attribute by your keeper, an outfield with exceptionally poor jumping, strength and heading combined, or the defensive line too far forward to recieve the ball easily

you can get your keeper to distribute via a long kick only, or defender collect or quick throw. the latter 2 will help avoid kicking straight to opposition.

Afaik this thread is about these options not working properly...

Archived