" Wants to move to a bigger club " paranoia

I am thinking about an acid liquid solution to calm down their synapses when they have 4-5 years of remaining contract they constantly want to move just because I discovered their talent when they were nothing and now that, thanks to me, they reached a good level of promising star , they constantly want to leave despiting their contract says 4-5 years remaining.

Of course they will NEVER EVER go anywhere but is there an effective way to cool their kids' mania ?

thanks

Of course they will NEVER EVER go anywhere but is there an effective way to cool their kids' mania ?

Offer them better contracts. Most of the time it's all about the money. As IRL, really. I find that, in this area, the game is quite realistic. We see good players, on lower leagues/nations, wanting to move to better leagues, where more money and reputation can be gained.

Then I'm afraid, you'll need to win ;)

If it starts having a disruptive effect on performances, you will have to let some go.

Actually, I would love it, if for once it would be hard again in FM to keep players. The last time that was the case was back in CM2 times. Now it's way to easy to keep your squad together. Irl a player who wants to go, eventually will, whatever his contract says.

possibly an improved position within the team.

I know sometimes , rarely, they can accept despiting they are not interested, but what do you mean for " improved position " ? Do you mean " key players " ? ....or other things ?

Meanwhile with them I am performing quite well after years of mediocrity, so I have an extra chance.

thanks

Do you mean " key players " ?

Yes. Increase their importance within the team.

Also praise their games, when they play well (this facet of the game, I think, is important and, probably, many don't care about it). This increases their happiness towards you and you'll be in their favourite personnel list. This will help make them favourable to stay with you.

Thsi is something that gets on my breasts also, I had a Spurs save that I recently stopped playing because all my good players (Modric, Bentley, Pavalechenko etc etc) kept saying they wanted to move to bigger clubs....even although I got the majority of them on better contracts (by better I mean about £20k-£30k a week better).

Mark Hughes is also a manager I now want to knock out.....constantly saying he is interested in my best players and noising them up....I have a asking price set (not astronomical ones either), the players all have min fee release clauses in their contracts (something I always do now)....so if you want one of them....make a bid?

Also, I just started a Hearts save in the SPL, managed to get Rat from Shaktar.....contract negociations started with him wanting £12k a week.....not something Hearts can afford....I offered the max £6k...he accepted, I thought great.....then just a day after he signed he is not saying he is unsure he made the right choice in joining the club. I could understand this is maybe we were bottom after the first few games of the season, but its still pre-season and as I said, I have only played two days since he signed!

Still, even after my rant - still love the game!!

You told you stop playing...no way. Do not let those childish moaning warry you.

I learnt whenever I sign a good young I subito let him sign a 5 years seal, then he can moan all day long but he is chained at me like my right ball is paired with the left one.

I feel the same way actually, I've lost count on how many times random managers praise my best players week in, week out.

This ofcourse unsettles my players, either they want to leave or feel too much pressure, and all of the above mentioned suggestions work fine on occasion, the only problem is that transfer-speculation does not stop all of a sudden when a player signs a new contract.

It all starts over again within weeks, and that same player who just signed a contract for 4 more years at the club wants to leave once again.

I don't recall this much speculation in previous versions of FM.

Anyway I'm still enjoying the game, but this has been my most major concern.

Archived