Carra having communication issues..

Do the majority of your Liverpool squad not have English listed as a fluent language? Otherwise, it might be worth posting this in the Bugs Forums.

It does make for a really funny screenshot though, so might be worth posting in the Funny Screenshots Thread too! :D

Only 1 out of my match day squad couldn't speak English. One was on English (basic) rest of them were English (in terms of being able to speak it)

Seriously, there's nothing unlogical with that, irl do you think that rafas speaking english in the dressing room when he has 2 english players and propably around 10 spaniards, and a couple of argies to top that?

I was just wondering about that the other day as it happens, also would be curious to know what is the spoken language in the arsenal dressing room? I suppose the reason why walcott had to wait for his turn til now was his lack of french skills :D

Seriously, there's nothing unlogical with that, irl do you think that rafas speaking english in the dressing room when he has 2 english players and propably around 10 spaniards, and a couple of argies to top that?

I was just wondering about that the other day as it happens, also would be curious to know what is the spoken language in the arsenal dressing room? I suppose the reason why walcott had to wait for his turn til now was his lack of french skills :D

I am no authority on the real-life Liverpool dressing room situation, but surely it is far-fetched to suggest Rafa does not use English to communicate with his players when most of his players speak English. Whether they are English or not does not matter as they are suitably proficient with the language. As such, this screenshot is highly irregular and as Skorp has affirmed, is something that should be raised in the Bugs Forum.

With regards to Arsenal, most of their players are proficient with the English language and seeing that Arsene Wenger himself is not foreign to the language, it should be no surprise that English is employed as the medium of instruction during training sessions. As to whether players themselves communicate in English amongst their own cliques, that would be highly debatable.

Those certain newcomers to the team (and English culture), who are not yet proficient with the English language, will of course need to their fellow players to act as translators for the time being.

It is one thing to force "continental" habits such as a proper diet and strict curfews, and another to force the French language onto an EPL team. Arsene is not so arrogant. :D

Even Wenger?

Especially Wenger. Thierry Henry once did an interview, about the Arsenal dressing room. No language other than English can be spoken, apart from new signings who don't speak English. I'll try and find a link, but no promises.

EDIT: Sorry, I can't find the interview. I'll try asking in the GPTG Off Topic Thread, as iirc it was posted in there.

EDIT AGAIN: HoPeY found it for me, unfortunately it isn't a link to a site but here is the post

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2418474&postcount=6961

Language Spoke

English. Very Simple. No other language can be spoken unless its a new arrival who needs his own personal translator (Although Wenger can speak six fluent languages!) Two top class English Language Tutors are availble 24/7 at the training ground for the players if needed.

Carra must be nearing his 40's by now in your game?

He is 32 IRL isn't he?

Yeah he's 38 on my game now.

He's just back up now really. If I kept giving him like 20+ games a season he would keep going.

He's retiring at the end of the 2016/17 season.

Archived