Coming to an end

Thought that might get you all interested hahaha.

No not me posting put the end of my 30 year career with FC United. Ive done threads on how ive been doing in this career so ive decided to post how it ended.

Ive just had the message that i will be retiring at the end of the season.

As soon as im finished i shall post my results!!

Thought that might get you all interested hahaha.

No not me posting put the end of my 30 year career with FC United. Ive done threads on how ive been doing in this career so ive decided to post how it ended.

Ive just had the message that i will be retiring at the end of the season.

As soon as im finished i shall post my results!!

Thought it would make a good title!!!!!

heres the links to the othere threads incas anyone was wondering:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4892031...142032103#6142032103

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4892031...842062343#6842062343

The first link is the start of the challenege stats and the 2nd is about 24 years in and this will be the finale!!!

heres the end stats:

played:1934

won:1462 - 75.6%

drew:282 - 14.6%

lost: 190 - 9.8%

scored: 4348 - 2.25 pm

against:1135 - 0.59 pm

league titles: 26, 22 prem15 times in a row, championship, div 1, div 2 and conference

cups: 62 - 19 champ league, 11 super cups, 6 fa cups, 11 league cups, 1 johnstons trophy, 1 fa trophy, 13 community shields and a world cup

bought: 211 - 483 mill

sold: 147 - 559 mill

most goals in season - 54 wallwork

league goals - 48 wallwork

most assists - 34 wallwork

most man of match - 22 wallwork

highest transfer paid - 27 mill

highest received - 20 mill

highest scoring match 7-3 v sunderland

biggest win - 7-0 v dorchester

most consecutive wins 33

longest streak - 64

consecutive defeats - 3

what do you think???

no, he just plays amazing in the middle of the 352 formation in the conference!! Ive reccomended him loads of time.

This was my final message:

There can be little doubt that Ridley was the greatest manager the game has ever seen and he will be sorely missed after his retirement from football

Excellent stuff, mate. Grats on all your success. So can you tell us any whacky stuff you saw? Did any of the big teams get relegated? Did Oxford claw their way out of the Conference and become the biggest team in Europe (except for FC United of course!). Did Leeds end up in the conference where they belong? Oops I didn't mean to write that. I remember we have some Leeds fans on here and they're a pretty roudy bunch. I better watch what I say. icon_smile.gif Umm did any good players end up being good coaches? Did Sherringham play on through his 70's? Did Mourinho smile at all throughout your 30 years? We need more info, buddy! icon_smile.gif

Chelsea did end up in league 2, liverpool and arsenal went down to division 1, i couldnt believe it. Michael Owen became Pompey manager then got sacked, then Newcastle and sacked then Sunderland then Sacked and then he beat me to the England job!!!!

Ancelotti, Hitzfeld and Victor Valdes all took over Man.Utd. Gareth Southgate followed McClaren into the England job!

Mourinho became Portsmouth manager then he got sacked.

Hull, Sheff.Wed, Bristol City all made it into the premier.

Aston Villa turned into a force to be reckoned with at home and in europe managed by Curtis Davies

Wahay, I completed my 30 seasons. Got my money’s worth. It was a pretty poor career really thanks to being stuck with Yeovil for about 20 seasons of mediocrity. Won nothing of note with a club except that Paint trophy icon_frown.gif but I did win the Euro Champs with Northern Ireland who bizarrely became invincible for a couple of years or so and even got to the semi of the following world cup.

The one thing that did amuse me was that the big four English clubs managed to remain the big four for my whole career. It was as if no-one else in England could get near their wealth and so the big four had the pick of South America and other superstars. I hope that will be harder for them this time around.

Just hope that my favourite bugbear - the highlights/commentary balance - is better this time.

Any now it’s Gymnastic in Spain who have to suffer my coaching skills! icon_smile.gif

When you enter your final season, a news message stating that you intend to retire is generated. Then at season end, you click continue and get your career stats and some statement about your impact on football.

Great stuff ridley. Good to see you've continued with the game so long.

Did you experience some rough patches with the game or has it been smooth sailings mostly? And any memorable players to you which you'll always have a soft spot for?

a lot of players were regens but like the stats show Wallwork was outstanding for me and so was Richie Jones found it hard to let both of them go

I had one or 2 small blips but towards the end i had managed to get everything under control spotting the next generation of superstars to turn my team in to legends winning title after title

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Im serious, they lost all their top players and replaced them with average players and just kept dropping down the leagues </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's odd. In my game Chelsea generally bought young South American superstars and the odd quality England 21 player. In fact all the big four did that. They battled it out for the league every year. The only opposition they got was from the big foreign teams in the Champs League and again it was the usual suspects like Madrid, Barcelona and Milan. Very rich clubs generally seem to stay very rich in this game.

the only things that were missing is the way it ends, you get a message saying what happens and then your just stuck on the menu, i was waiting for credits to roll etc but nothing.

But still really enjoyed finishing the game and would reccomend everyone finishes a 30 year career.

Ive mentioned in the ideas for FMH08 thread what i would like to see to improve the game

I'd like to have seen some sort of rating at the end. I was never going to have a glowing record as I chose (only offered if I'm honest) to manage struggling teams. But I battled well with the teams I had.

I posted all my wants in the FMH08 thread as well but the commentary/ highlights balance was the biggest problem I had with the game. If you slowed the game so that you could read the commentary, you got too much of it. If you quickened the game so that there was less commentary, the text flew by so you missed things like why players got red cards. And as there was no match report, that was that!

Job offers were a bit meagre too. I started with Yeovil. Got bored after 10 seasons of mediocrity and applied for every job I could but had no offers. In fact Yeovil should have sacked me as I took them down from League One to the Conference and then back up again. Then about season 20 Notts Forest who were in the Championship offered me a job. With a decent squad I took them up to the Premiership but no top club offered me a job. We went back down. Then about season 27 struggling Leicester, who were in the Premier League, offered me a job mid season to save them but they were too poor and the budget too limited to save.

Also didn't like the way continental champs final were announced but there was no record of the final, never mind the other matches in those international teams fixtures.

The one thing I did like and which seemed even better than the PC version was that team wealth and reputations seemed pretty stable through all 30 seasons. So you didn't see Doncaster outbidding Chelsea or quality players going to lower division teams who make it to the top... unless very young.

I think if the game was a bit more comprehensive and may be had the 2D match engine it would rival the PC version for overall enjoyment and many managers might dump the PC version for PSP sofa action, like I did. After all it gives you most of the management experience without the fiddling about. Oops said more than I intended to. icon_smile.gif

i played the full 30 years and didny get offered a single job from another team despite being miles ahead of everyone else in the hall of fame even if you had added the top 10 managers together i was still ahead.

Hope this improves for FMH08

Yes and I think I know what the flaw is – the game doesn’t always give you an accurate reputation score. If you've won the Champs League 3 times on the trot, I'm sure every club in Europe would take you on as manager as your reputation should be sky high. Any weaknesses in your make up would be overlooked because you can bring home the trophies. Only a bitter feud would stop you being wanted by a club.

Likewise if you win promotion with a penniless club which is expected to be relegated then this achievement alone should boost your reputation considerably but often it doesn’t because the game gives too much weight your career stats which might not be that impressive. These AI issues probably need more development.

The PC game is better and sometimes you do get surprising offers where a club does gamble on you but too often clubs don’t seem to recognise your achievements.

Archived