Array access out of bounds

I wasn't really sure whether this should go in general discussion or the editors hideaway so I put it here cause I figured i'd get more help here as it's a bit slow on the hideaway forum.

Anyways, to my problem. I'm playing with the no real players database so I decided to leave my laptop on over night to holiday untill the regens got to 20 years old. I woke up the next morning and was suprised to see football manager wasn't on my screen instead o message saying "array access out of bounds" football manager had shut down. I tried to open it again but it said fm was already on. So I ended the process on the task manager. I've tried again 2 or 3 times and the same thing has happened to me. If there are any more details you need to help me with please ask. Thanks in advance:).

I dont really know if you can class this as help, but this happens to me sometimes when I try to offer a contract to a player. No idea why mate, maybe your assman offered a player a contract?

Not entirely sure to be honest, maybe just don't leave your computer on all night ;)

Have you edited the database at all or added media files edt files to enhance the game? Because that might have caused it? There are a number of things that can cause an array out of bounds error though.

Stickman that would've been helpful it it was my problem but i'm not currently at a team, thanks anyway. Gillsman I haven't edited the DB at all or added any media files etc.

Could someone tell me what array acces out of bounds means?

You can reset the settings by deleted your C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Settings folder.

Make sure you have show hidden folders/files marked in the folder options.

You can reset the settings by deleted your C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Settings folder.

Make sure you have show hidden folders/files marked in the folder options.

I can't find AppData on vista?

• 2 weeks later...

i just did a little experiment. i had a game save wherein when i hit continue, i would get the "array access out of bounds" error as the game ran. i would hit "OK" but i would keep getting the message. even when i held down the enter key. this seemed to indicate that there must be thousands of these errors. i force quit.

i had just saved the game, fortunately. i save do a save-as every time i make major changes, and i had changed shortlists and scouting assignments.

after using pretty much every obscene word or phrase i know, and reloading (and force quitting) about five times, i finally got a bright idea. i deleted the players on my shortlist. i had about 5,000 players on my short list (all the under 18s in my game world i hadn't yet scouted). after that, it worked fine.

it was december 4 in the game year. clearly something happened. it's the time of year when out-of-work players give up on football and players renew contracts, so it was probably one of those. may not help in your case, but at least it might point to where to look: it seems to always relate to players' contracts.

update: it happened again. i reloaded yet again, and suffered through the same matches again (like ground hog's day). this time i didn't touch the shortlists, i only deleted scouting assignments.

apparently my problem happens when i try to scout certain players (the last 500 18 year olds)

Archived