Fans vote on player. I'm not managing Ebbsfleet, you fools! (screeny)

I'm not one to post screenies of things I've never seen before cos usually there's been many threads on it before, however I've never seen this before anywhere and it's just a cool little thing, from FM 2007 at least.

I got the usual plea for first team football and, due to having quite a few games coming up with only 3 days between them, I said I'd give him in a chance in the next couple of weeks.

However a little later, I got this (don't mind the blanks, that's censorship):

vote.jpg

Maybe the fans are huffing because he's been unhappy for a little while for not playing every game (he's 3rd choice central defender), but his league average is 7.17 and he's certainly not been bad.

I doubt it. In fact last I checked the voters didn't really choose the team. Someone said they vote yes or no on 'do you want the manager to choose the team and tactics' and yes gets the vote. But maybe that's changed now...

Anyway, cool screeny, right? >_> :D

Because the players I censored were players I bought, so they are going to be good. I didn't censor players from opposing teams cos I figured they could be good or bad. Also it's a game from only two years ago so ability could still be around about the same.

I havent had this since, well, yeah 2007. I kinda liked it, took my fringe players down a peg with the 0% fan approval.

Dont get them anymore though.

Saying that, who'd take part in a poll for the crappy lower Scandinavian leagues...no offense to the countries involved ;)

i have never seen this feature! its quite cool, is it saying you get a chance soon the thing that triggers it?

Yes, (like I said at the start ;) ), I told him he would get his chance in the next few weeks.

Why did you play as Tottenham...ewwwww

Because Martin Jol had them battling relegation (but also into the League Cup final) and got sacked, they hired me (I started unemployed).

In fact it was just like real life with Ramos, except I can manage in England.

and more to the point, how did you sign a decent defender to them ??????

They don't need decent central defenders, Dawson and King are still my pairing 7 seasons down the line. They've been immovable, if that's a word. The chairman is brilliant and the money is good.

Besides, in my current season (the season you see), I had just played in the World Club Championship and am on my way (hopefully) to winning the title for the 3rd time in a row (and have just won the League Cup with a team of back-ups and younger players).

Archived