I just do not understand.

My winger picks up a "knock" early in the 1st half but can continue...

So he does and has a great game earning man of the match.

Then I find out that his twisted ankle will keep him out for TWO MONTHS???????

How can this be when he has just earned MoM having carried this injury for 70 mins?

I just do not understand.

My winger picks up a "knock" early in the 1st half but can continue...

So he does and has a great game earning man of the match.

Then I find out that his twisted ankle will keep him out for TWO MONTHS???????

How can this be when he has just earned MoM having carried this injury for 70 mins?

The 'knock' or 'green sign' needs sorting in my opinion.

Who was that goalie - I think he was a German at Manchester City (Bert Trautman?) - who played in a Cup Final, put in a Man Of The Match performance, only for it to be discovered at the end of the game he'd played despite sustaining a broken NECK!

These things happen....

I recall reading a simailar incident that happened back in the 1920's

A goalkeeper broke his neck during the match, so the manager stuck him upfront and he ended the match with two goals.

Any old timers will claim "thats back when football was football":D

Tbh I think the time that the messages say injuries are for are exagerated. I have had players out for 'two months', but in reality they were only out for a week and a half.

That mostly depends on the skill of your physios IIRC. To be able to accurately predict how long a player will be out for, they need to be highly skilled, much like scouts and JPA and so on

The point is that it happens too often.

Once again people find one instance and history and treat it as the norm.

It needs fixing. Seeing as I am in the Premiership with quality scouts - they cannot be that bad so thats another idea shot out of the water.

Also why can I not get a more detailed injury report during the game than "he's a bit injured"?

I recall reading a simailar incident that happened back in the 1920's

A goalkeeper broke his neck during the match, so the manager stuck him upfront and he ended the match with two goals.

Any old timers will claim "thats back when football was football":D

1991 Scottish Cup Final saw Ally Maxwell play most of the game (including extra time with a broken rib) and still ending up on the winning side.

These stories of old are often the exception that proves the rule.

I think that the injury description does need to be improved whilst the match is still playing out. Then again, i seem to recall this being requested many times and for many years.

If we know that he had a gash then i would think he could play on with the right strapping.

If he has a twisted ankle, i would be more inclined to bring the player off, even if he does think he can continue.

As for dodgy physio reports, I normally play in the lower leagues, so dont get me started ;)

Archived