Suggestion - National (Player) Development Potential

As you all know, league reputation is static and as such it can be very difficult for teams, in the top tier of lower reputation nations, to progress and improve. I don’t like the idea that league reputation can’t be improved, but it doesn’t look like it will be changing any time soon. This coupled with the amount of newgens coming through the ranks from inferior nations, has got me thinking about ways in which to improve the possibility of nations and clubs producing stars.

Ten years ago the Ivory Coast weren’t even on the footballing map, fourteen years ago they were the worst International team on Fifa 95, but all of a sudden they are a household name and are probably top of the list in reputation for African teams. This just goes to show how quickly things can change in football, I’m of the opinion that this isn’t represented in FM.

Of course we’ve seen smaller nations do well in tournaments, in game, but IMO these goings on usually seem to be random and based on grey players, with little talent that is actually available to purchase.

Production of talent, IMO, is either limited to a select few nations or random, in FM. You get the odd spattering of Saudi Arabian or Nigerian players, who play in the top leagues, but these nations never seem to build on it and the production line seems to have halted.

I’m suggesting an attribute for National Development Potential, which gives nations a chance to build on their players success. Reputation of league can remain the low, but the talent pool can increase over time, something that is not happening atm, because of static reputation.

This attribute will affect the propensity with which future stars are generated from certain nations, rather than rely on random generation and the countries with a bigger reputation.

If a nation produces 3-4 players that go on to become household names, their attribute will increase and increase the likelihood of it happening again. In a way it would act as a current ability for player generation that is based on previous generation and development, rather than reputation and league standard.

As it stands we would never see a Droga, Kalou, Toure, Eboue, Kone and Zokora, crop come from a nation that fourteen years ago was considered one of the worst in the world.

I think SI have said before that to implement league reputation is a lot of hard work as they'd have to include a global economics system and it has the chance to really mess up long-term saves.

I guess I would be a bit miffed if by the time I took Witton to the top of the premiership that the biggest league in the world was actually the Dubai League 1.

I guess national reputation has the same impact. Without it being carefully balanced and thoroughly tested you could end up with 90% of the worlds best regens coming from Chad purely because they fluked a couple of good world cup matches.

I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure how easily it could be implemented without potentially being game/immersion breaking.

I personally don't see the link between league rep and nation rep IRL....just look at the prem and the England team ....and the Brazilian equivalents.

Would I would like to see is a subtle shift in league rep when teams from that league perform in continental comps.

e.g. Lyon progressing well consistently in the Champs League would increase the rep of French teams slightly by association.

Maybe the national team rep could influence newgen production, but IMHO the constantly fluctuation of power in the international game shows that the most powerful nations don't always produce the best young players (France anyone!!??).

I don't see how bringing through a few good players in a less developed league should suddenly mean that more should be produced in the future. The production of future talent should be linked to the footballing infrastructure of a nation, not based on who's been produced in the past.

i have always thought that may be from time to time a rich comitte could come along and improve a nations Football League.. i guess the game is based on real life provications and if it aint gonna happen IRL it aint gonna happen as a random on here..

Even when we choose data base size's i think when using a large data base all international teams from around the world should at least have there current real life top 20 players listed, or give us a greater choice of what and who gets loaded before starting a game, if the ddt file creator could be included with Fm enabling us to choose what players get laoded in from around the world..

I have tried using small data base and only loading top 2 division's in England as i dont see the point having low teams full of players when i dont play at that level, id rather load players in from another country and have more nationalities to choose from..

when i find a good young regen from an unkown nation, id like big clubs to challenge me to get the player, i normally get them and then every other top club wants them. it's like they use me as there scout.

Archived