Stats

I do not understand why but I am starting to think the match engine does not take into account a players stats as it had done in previous versions. For example a player with incredible stats such as Rooney or Torres have failed to perform for me consistently throughout a number of seasons. However, a player such as manucho managed to score 34 goals in 40 games and N'gog scored 23 in 31 games despite them having much lower stats. Do not try to blame my tactics for this as I have tried quite a few different ways of playing and the weaker players we able to score an unrealistic amount of goals and constantly out perform the supposedly better players. Has anyone else noticed this because sometimes I think it makes paying high prices for players i expect to be better pointless.

Im sorry for not being so specific but i dont really mean to that degree of difference in quality i mean that players that are back up players in teams often play better over the season than the players that should be much better. Tends to happen more in the top divisions

Ive had that, an what really annoys me is when your main striker gets injured then your back up is complete rubbish but when he gets back fit he starts firing them in left right and center.

But Manucho!!! i wish he would start scoring in real life!

Players in the reserves sometimes play blinders when given the chance because... Simply put, they've been given their chance and they're going to take it with both hands, and probably grow a third so they can grab it better.

I've not had too many problems with my best players over the years. Time, consistancy and good media interactions can go a long way.

I do not understand why but I am starting to think the match engine does not take into account a players stats as it had done in previous versions. For example a player with incredible stats such as Rooney or Torres have failed to perform for me consistently throughout a number of seasons. However, a player such as manucho managed to score 34 goals in 40 games and N'gog scored 23 in 31 games despite them having much lower stats. Do not try to blame my tactics for this as I have tried quite a few different ways of playing and the weaker players we able to score an unrealistic amount of goals and constantly out perform the supposedly better players. Has anyone else noticed this because sometimes I think it makes paying high prices for players i expect to be better pointless.

So there is absolutely no reason it could possibly be your tactics?

Its not that im failing to score goals with my strikers i just feel its quite unrealistic that its normally strikers with weaker stats that score for me meaning that signing supposedly world class players is a bit pointless when u can sign a decent premiership striker and they score around 15 more goals a season. p.s how many managers do u know that could get n'gog n manucho to score more than 20 a season :D

This happens more for me than against me as AI mostly pick the players with the best stats wheras i will pick a player if they are playing much better than anyone else. Am I right in thinking that you think that im annoyed because it happens against me?

Archived