Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

1871667.jpg

Oxford United Football Club a.k.a. The U's and Yellows

Brief History

Formed as Headington in 1893 playing at Wotten's Field. In 1960 they were renamed Oxford United in order to give the club a higher profile. Then in 1962 Oxford won the Southern League title for the second successive season and was elected to the Fourth Divison. In 1965 they achieved promotion to the Third Division then promoted to the Second Division in 1967. Good few years for the boys!

Oxford have good times in the 1985-86 season avoiding relegation from the First Division on the last day of the season and won the "Milk Cup" 3-0 against QPR at Wembley -The last time the League Cup was played at the Milk Cup

This would have taken them to the UEFA, but because of the Heysel Stadium disaster English teams had been banned from the competition.

In 2001 Oxford moved to the Kassam Stadium but after the honeymoon period Oxford started struggling and now find themselves hoping for Promotion in the Blue Square Premier.

Club Information

Founded: 1893

Chairman: Nick Merry

Directors: Jim Smith, Kelvin Thomas

Stadium: The Kassam Stadium - 12243 Capacity

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Average

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: 975k

Rivals: Swindon, Reading, Wycombe, Cheltenham, Rushdon, Luton.

Current Squad

1. Billy Turley

2. Eddie Anaclet

4. Barry Quinn (Captain)

5. Chris Willmott

7. Carl Petterfer

8. Eddie Hutchinson

9. Robert Duffy

10. Yemi Odubade

11. Daniel Rose

12. Craig McAllister

14. Michael Howard

15. Ben Weedon

16. Luke Foster

18. Phil Trainer

19. Joel Ledgister

20. Alex Jeannin

21. Matt Day

22. Michael Blackwood

23. Adam Murray

24. Matt Green

25. Justin Richards

29. Matty Taylor

37. Alex Fisher

38. Declan Benjamin

41. James Clarke

42. Sam Warrell

Well-known former players

John Aldridge

Ron Atkinson

Ray Houghton

Jim Magilton

Dean Whitehead

Achievements

Southern League: Champions: 1952–3, 1960–1, 1961–2, Runners-up: 1953–4, 1959–60

Southern League Cup: Winners: 1952–3, 1953–4

Division 2: Champions 1984–5

Division 3: Champions 1967–8, 1983–4

Division 4: Promoted (4th) 1964–5 [38]

Division 2: Runners-up 1995–6

FA Cup: Best season: 6th round, 1964

League Cup: Winners: 1986 [38]

Get involved and join me in bringing back the Premiership to the U's!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no the Badge didn't work. anyone be able to sort that for me?

Right i shall get us started. I'm not sure how many of you out there are playing an Oxford United save but i hope there are some of you.

currently 2nd had a few dodgy results when I was changing my formation but now is going well. Got Spurs as my Parent Club so they have sent me Leigh Mills and Tommy Forecast which I am very pleased about!

Transfers In:

Emil Salmonsson - Free

Bas Savage - Free

Matt Duke - 3k

Magnus Svensson - Free

Tristan Plummer - Loan

Ben Hunter - Free

Sammy Monin - Free

Esmir Sabic - 1k

Tommy Forecast - Loan

Leigh Mills - Loan

Transfers Out:

Carl Petterfer - 12k

would like to know if there is anyone else out there in the same boat as me?

hi there dexta200... nice to know I am not the only one playing as the mighty u's.

I am running english, scottish and irish leagues.

Only just started off as Darren patterson's replacement, played 4 pre- season friendlies with mixed results. Was offered chelsea or watford as a parent club so took chelsea they sent me a young left winger and also 'husbands' a striker, mad dog lewis (ass man) puts them straight into the first team but as you aware already have 2 on loan strikers so i can mix it up a bit.

I sold duffy for 12k, sent weedon on loan to oxford city and brought in a swedish keeper who was playing in ireland and howard a left back from morecombe.Could really do with a DM and a right winger, sorry do not think much of murray and ledgister, and prob could do with a decent CB.

Be good if you can keep this updated and i will do my bit my end.. hopefully other users will join in!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND COME ON YOU YELLOWS

ah cool mate, who was the left winger chelsea sent you? i am a chelsea fan so i would have loved them as my feeder club but spurs will do! Tommy Forecast has been good in goal

i terminated all the loan deals that there were at the start of the game didnt think any of them would make a difference.

for some reason Salisbury won't stop winning and its really annoying me! because i seem to slip up but they don't! and as you know you are expected to win the league

as i speak they just lost so i've managed to bring it back to 1point with Bas Savage my top scorer with 15 in 27.

all going alright then. bank balance goes up quickly doesn't it!

cool man. you started your season yet?

Salisbury are really annoying me, but i don't get it in my friends game they finished 12th in mine they just don't lose. joint top now but their goal difference is +2 better than mine.

9 games to go! out of all cups though icon_frown.gif

Team for the new season!!

GK - Anthony Scribe (Cost 5k)

DR - James Clarke

DL - Serginho (Free from AC Milan!!)

DC - Esmir Sabic

DC - Craig Cathcart (3 month loan)

DMC - Jordan Spence (Season Long Loan)

MR - Emil Samolmonsson

ML - Gael Kakuta (Season Long Loan)

AMC - Karim Ait Fana (50k from Montpellier

FC - Kabamba Musasa (Free from Maritzburg Utd)

FC - Alex Fernandez (Free from Colada)

then have Jake Livermore(Season Long Loan), Seth Johnson (3k) Lee Butcher(Season Long Loan) then the originals and last seasons signings! should be exciting!!

hey mate. have not played a game since saturday been spending all my time scouting got 7 loans in now for oxford incuding will hoskins from watford, but still need a decent cb and a good left midfielder. any ideas? sold yemi for 20k though

sorry for the late reply mate. dont suppose you still need the cb do you? but i got esmir sabic who has been pretty good!

finished 2nd in league one behind leeds

now in championship!! back to back promotions! amazing loving it!

got like no squad at the moment. need players for almost every position. icon_frown.gif

got 4mil to spend but no players are interested because of low reputation its really annoying! any ideas?

sorry Cleon, i was jus not getting any help in here because this thread doesn't get many people looking at it because of it being an Oxford thread so needed another to attract more people to answer my question. i didn't realise that would be a problem but i won't do it again. icon14.gif

hi dexta200, no need for a cb any more signed sean hanlon from mk dons last night, just about to start my first season proper, how come you can get through your seasons so quick, takes me about 24 hours to do one season? good luck in the championship; nearly back to where we belong.

lol i dont know i usually do about 1 a day, bout 8hours maybe?

i'm not really into spending ages scouting i dnt take my time over things unless im losing. so i basically jus press the space bar lol.

good luck with your season mate! ive been loving it! but only because i been doing well. let me know how its going!

argh finished 7th in Championship behind Leeds. if they had lost last day i would have got playoffs

never mind i cant exactly complain as i expected to be fighting relegation now with a complete new team not one Oxford player left lol.

should be looking at playoffs this time round!

my team: scr6b0ec1ejj5.th.jpg

and my Transfers this season:

scr6b149bepf1.th.jpg

i wish more of you would start an Oxford game it is so fun!!

ok, i havent been on my oxford game in a while but im top of the conference: played 36 won 24 drawn 6 lost 6

my team:-

John ruddy - free from everton

David gray - free from man yhoo

alex jeannin

Rhys williams - free from boro

Esmir Sabic - free from Bualmes

Andrew Barcham - free from spurs

Jacques maghoma - free from spurs

danny rose

Ian ashbee - free from hull

Onandi lowe - free from Portmore united

marcus stewart/Tresor Kandol - free from yeovil and leeds respectively

I have salisbury city hot on my tail who have matt tubbs who scores for fun but i have a game or two in hand on them

yeah salisbury were top until the last 10games for me. you got some nice players there. danny rose played for me until the championship. whos been your best players? your team is very different to what mine started as.

onnly rose and sabic the same. hope you have the same success ive had looks like your going to be fine with that league 2 should be a peach then you should get some money in for league 1

best players have probably benn ruddy, sabic, barcham and maghoma

Sabic is different class and with barcham and maghoma on each wing im pretty useful going forward and obviously i have a solid base with ruddy in goal

going through a bad patch of form at the moment but should be ok

ah yeah Sabic was great for me too. i still have him but hes just not strong enough for the championship. hes improved around 12 strength i think now. but still Obama and Da silva are just better for me.

i think because he has been playing at such a low level of football he hasn't improved as much as he would have say playing at chelsea. but still one of my best players over the seasons!

did you get yourself a parent club? or any loans?

Tom, thinking of starting an Oxford cos I haven't tried LLM at all on FM 08 and it will be a break from ny Bolton games! Just wondering which players performed best for you first season and which positions need improving desperately!? icon14.gif

i hope he does improve to his full potential cause ive had him on some other gas and hes turned out to be awesome!

dont have parent club but broughtin two loanees: mark carrington and sean scannell

currenty trying to get patrik lomski whos a free agent and ive had him on other games and hes fetched seven figure fees

hey Matt great to here it!!

erm well Danny Rose, Joel Ledgister, Barry Quinn, James Clarke, Luke Foster, phil trainer and Matt Day

these were all pretty good in the conference then got rid of most Rose, Ledgister, Quinn and Clarke all played in League 2 as well.

i would say you definately need another striker i picked up Ben Hunter and Bas Savage for Free. also i think you need a centre back if not 2. i got Esmir Sabic and Magnus Svensson. also GK i managed to get Spurs as my parent club and they sent me Tommy Forecast who was a great GK for me if not i got Sammy Monin who was alright.

also look to get in a few loans i only managed Tristan Plummer but Will Hoskins should come.

Emil Salmonsson was my best buy, free in conference now playing in championship still clearly my best MR and worth 1.7million now!

hope you do get started and im always here to help if you need any advice mate.

Originally posted by gashead235:

i hope he does improve to his full potential cause ive had him on some other gas and hes turned out to be awesome!

dont have parent club but broughtin two loanees: mark carrington and sean scannell

currenty trying to get patrik lomski whos a free agent and ive had him on other games and hes fetched seven figure fees

for some reason lomski wasn't on my database which i was disappointed at.

if i was you i would ask for a parent club you should get a premiership club and they will send you players who are better than your currently bunch.

i think Sabic is good just i have bought better this season so hes not playing as much.

oh thats a bit annoying!

ask them at start of second season again.

they couldnt findanother for me after spurs lol. and now spurs keep sending me useless players. but they still pay me money icon_biggrin.gif

currently sitting 3rd in championship after 10 games

won 6 drawn 3 lost 1

woop

Have started the game. Here are my transfers so far:

Emil Salomonsson (Free)

Adilson (Free)

Guy Melamed (Free)

Tommy Forecast (Loan)

Rodrigo Faria (Free)

Chris Riley (Loan)

Leandro de Oliveira (Free)

Also have Tottenham as my parent club. How was Matt Green for you guys first season?

right here goes... just started my first season proper in the conference.. played 5 won 4 drawn 1 and best of all top of league on goal difference. Had my 2 strikers on loan from man utd (dong) and from watford (will hoskins) both injured inside my first two games so now have green and mcallister up front both doing ok but mcallister missing 2 pens even though he has the best penalty stats. got forecast from spurs on loan in goal and an update from my early posts is that i also sold on barry quinn. will keep you updated when and where poss. andy

Ypresfr - ahh well done matt glad to see you starting!

nice signings keep salomonsson great player!!

i ended all loans i had at start of season so i was able to get my own in.

hows things going?

andylincoln - well done mate. hoskins and fangzhao should be pretty awesome for you when they recover. forecast is a pretty solid gk . hopefully you keep up the unbeaten run.

Good luck too both of you! and im glad to see more of you in here icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dexta200:

Cleon who is going to reply to me? i have 3 people in here plus me. and they are only are the start of the game. how am i supposed to get help?

Its same for everyone not just you, if a club thread exists you have to use that thread. If not, then club threads are a waste of time...

okay then, i love the idea of club threads and i know the rules so from now on i will stick to it. its just very annoying being a lower league team the ones you need more help with but you are unlikely to get much with small amounts of players playing with the team,

whilst teams like arsenal, when you don't actually need help, you can get it easily because so many people are playing it. i won't post anymore threads about my oxford side except in here. but i just wont get the help i need in here though what can i do?

right here it goes hulk and purefun mentioned some players too me. majority had moved clubs and some weren't interested in coming to me so here are my transfers:

scrfb9e2c5pr4.th.jpg

and this is the squad i have to use to stay up!

scrfbacde0aw2.th.jpg

hopefully i will be okay.

hope everyone else is enjoying there game

Hi Tom, well done on your promotion mate, just shows what can be done and gives me something to aim for. I reckon you should be okay with that squad. icon14.gif

Sorry I haven't updated. Haven't been playing much got to do stupid coursework. Anyway, a few late buys:

Zoltan Harsanyi (Loan)

Jacques Maghoma (Loan)

Seyfo Soley (Free)

Paul Tierney (£4k)

Johnatan Estrada (£3k + £15k after promotion)

Estrada looks excellent for a conference team. My line up is like this:

GK: Forecast

DR: Riley

DL: Tierney

DC: Adilson

DC: Melamed

DM: Soley

MC: Estrada

MC: Maghoma

AMR: Salomonsson

AML: Leandro de Oliviera

FC: Harsanyi

Doing well so far played 6, won 6 without many problems. Goals are being shared: Harsanyi, Maghoma and Salomonsson all have 3. Rodrigo Faria is proving my supersub: he's also got 3 from coming off the bench. Apart from these Leandro has been the standout player with highest average rating and most assists.

Here's an interesting fact: the first match I saw live at the ground was Bolton v Oxford and it was 1-1. Oxford are now in the conference and Bolton are in the last 16 of the UEFA cup. How times change...

Looking good atm. Good luck in the Prem! icon14.gif

nice one matt. nice squad. that estrada looks pretty good. especially as you say for championship side!

haha yeah a few years ago you would have expected that the other way round icon_razz.gif bolton in conference ha joking mate!

Premiership is being tough on me icon_frown.gif

Results:

Oxford 1-0 Man Utd (Wes Brown OG) - i thought wow this should be okay!

Leicester 3-1 Oxford (Acapandie)

Oxford 0-1 Newcastle

West Ham 2-1 Oxford (Sburlea)

Oxford 3-3 Arsenal (Obama 2, Saag)

LC: Yeovil 1-2 Oxford (Delfounseo 2)

Birmingham 4-0 Oxford

sitting 17th with 4 points only against the top sides. got Wigan, Everton, Blackburn, West Brom, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Sheff Utd and Derby up next so should get something there out of a few of them hopefully! just every team seems to be stronger than me. i tried to bring in a last minute striker but just couldn't get anyone to sign icon_frown.gif

keep us up to date guys!

Just had two draws, my first dropped points of the season, against Stafford amd Stevenage when we should have won easily! Both times they scored in the 90h minute to equalise. My defence just loses concentraion when it gets near full time. icon_mad.gif

Never mind, still top after 9 games and now I've finished my schoolwork so should be able to play a bit more now! icon14.gif

haha good lad! i have been off work for the past few days, decorating my room whilst playing obviously so done a fair few of these seasons pretty quickly!

bit of an update had some good results!!

since the birmingham game here we go...

Oxford 1-0 (Salomonsson)

Everton 1-2 Oxford (Ait Fana, Sburlea)

LC - Oxford 2-3 Wolves (Hobbs, Sburlea) - Board still delighted with our cup run even though going out 3rd round lol.

Oxford 1-1 Blackburn (Acapandie)

West Brom 3-0 Oxford - Brought back down to earth!

Middlesbrough 0-2 Oxford (Ait Fana 2)

Oxford 1-2 Portsmouth (Acapandie

Sheff Utd 0-2 Oxford (Obama 2)

So some good results!!

currently 13th after 13 games with 17 points the mid table section is very close and like the championship 1 win and u move up like 4 places. so hopefully with a couple of wins i could be mid table and that would be astonishing!

how are you enjoying it matt?

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Tom, you traitor! icon_wink.gif

After doing so well with Bolton you're thinking of starting a new game with their arch enemies Manchester United? I ask you. No loyalty in football nowadays! icon_razz.gif

haha. well as a chelsea fan, me playing an arsenal game isn't very good haha!

i just want to have fun! never been united on this one and i have never been lucky enough to have rooney or ronaldo!

but still though i have a soft spot for bolton! dont worry!

Just joking mate it's your game and you can do what you want with it. You're always welcome to start another Bolton game or continue with your old one if you want. I'll always be there to help! icon_smile.gif

Really enjoying it so far, a different challenge from other games I've had. The BSP seems pretty easy to get out of but the challenge will really start once I get into the league proper. should be fun! icon14.gif

And for the record, out of the top four (yeah I know but I'm still including Liverpool) I'd prefer Chelsea to win the title, maybe next year, eh! icon_wink.gif

ah good man! yeah nothing this year maybe next year. if our players decide they actually like the club lol. we should just play joe cole and have no one else on the pitch! shame your not still in the fa cup isn't it could of won it! exciting one this year icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah its fun i found that league two was just as easy if not more as your players get more mature and i got 110k to play with which went straight into wages instead of spending it.

because of the largish ground you get alot of fans for the lower leagues. i was losing alot of money in my 1st season the championship because of bonus payments for appearances. had to start playing players who didnt have the bonus in their contracts lol.

but now with the premiership tv money its great. just shame about the very very very low rep!!

Yeah, looking back it's a shame we didn't try harder against Sheff Utd in the third round bu I suppose we'd have been in an even worse position in the Prem than we are now!

Anyway we should probably get back to talking about Oxford otherwise we'll have Cleon on our backs for going off topic! Has the rep not improved as you've gone up the leagues? I suppose it's really annoying cos you've got all that money but no-one wants to come, I guess I'll have the same problem when/if I finally get up to your level! icon_frown.gif

my reputation is still only national because i haven't made it into europe yet. so really jus the players who are desperate to play in the premiership are interested.

scored 8 in 2 games! 4-0 win over Derby and 5-4 loss to Spurs icon_frown.gif Nani scored 2 after what i was saying about him lol!

playing bolton after Villa. ooooh! oh i thought it would have been harder due to no anelka. but then again more money.

i still have 10million sitting in the bank! suppose it will come in handy when i can attract players should have a pretty big bank balance in a year or so icon_smile.gif

Archived