A question about journeyman games

I've decided I want to sink my teeth into a nice long game, where (ideally) I manage in a smallish European country to begin with, then work my around the continent getting better and better jobs. I've got the list of UEFA coefficients in front of me from in-game, and I think I'd like to start roughly in or around the level of the Croatian league (26th best in Europe according to this list). Realistically, though, am I going to be able to get a job in a different country from there? For example, if I managed to do fairly well with a Croatian team in Europe (first knockout round of the CL or a good UEFA Cup run, say), is that enough to be able to get a different job? What if I did well in one country, could I move to the second tier of a slightly better country or would current wages get in the way of that? Should I only be loading the top tiers of all the countries above me?

I've only done single-team games before so any advice appreciated. :thup:

I've generally had to start from the bottom in each new country. In my current save I started in Swiss Challenge League, then got a move to the Welsh Premier then English Blue Square Premier. Admittedly I didn't have massive success in the first 2 countries, so perhaps those 3 leagues are all roughly equivalent.

How are job applications decided, do you know? Is it just a case of your rep compared (roughly) to that of your new potential club? Does extended domestic success in a lower league continue to raise your rep, or is it kind of 'capped' depending on where you ply your trade?

I've always presumed that's how they do it, Yonez. I know the improvement of the club's reputation is capped by league rep, so it's safeish to presume that the manager's is too.

I think you'd be able to move from the Croatian Premier to the, say, Turkish Second Division, easily. From Turkey, it would be easy. Do well in the CL and you'd get offers from all over.

It's been known to go from Italian C2 to the EPL in one season...

Thanks very much for your help, guys. Just started a game with about 20 or so top European leagues playable, and a few second-tier leagues as well for the bigger nations. Can't decide whether to go for Hajduk or Dinamo, though. Think I'll just toss a coin when the game's loaded. :)

start with dinamo...you can do something with that team, especially because you have about 30 mill $ to spend on players...but an issue is that all the players from other countries are FGN..so, spend the money on the best croatian players on almost all positions from the league...there are interesting players, so you can do something with them...i do not know anything about hajduk, so, anyway, its up to you

I would start lower but I don't think I'm good enough with tactics to get anything out of my team at that level! Oh, and the coin landed on tails, so I'm now the Dinamo manager. :)

I do have a question about the Croatian system, actually. I've got three teams: my main team, my 'B' team ("Lokomotiva (Zg)"), and my under-19s. Neither of my last two have any fixtures scheduled. On my team settings, my ass man is in charge of both those teams. However, I also have two other ass men, one of whom is apparently the Lokomotiva manager. Can I just get rid of these two ass men, and what do I do with my reserves and U-19s? Just arrange loads of friendlies? Thought I'd ask in here rather than start a new thread.

isnt it based on your repuation like in your personal screen it will tell you if you are known locally, regionally, nationally etc etc i always thought that if you were only known regionally it is very hard to get say a championship job until your known nationally in england. the better you do the more teams you will be able to apply for or be offered. so if you manage to do well in cl with your team from croatia teams throught the continent will start to take notice of you

Archived