Zagallo 2-6-2 Mentality for 9.3

Designed using TT&F 09 based on Marcelo Lippi style manager.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Lippi's teams have traditionally been some of the more expressive in Italian football, partly to do with his charismatic manner generating team spirit, but mainly due to his flexible approach to tactics. The 2‐6‐2 system allows

considerable flexibility in the middle of the park, with six players interlinking as support group for the attack and defence.

As with most Italian approaches, this system can frustrate opponents by dominating possession deep on the pitch as

the back two interact with the midfield in an eight player passing system prior to instantaneously turning defence into attack as one of the front players is suddenly picked out in space".

Mentality settings are relative to each tactic set, i.e. player defensive role, player support role and player attack role are the same but tweaked slightly to account for the particular match strategy of defend, standard or attack. TT&F 09 recommends close mentality as it promotes better understanding of the three units within the pitch, defence, midfield and attack, passes are more fluent and successful.

TT&F 09 advised set up formation as 4-4-2, I always feel 4-1-3-2 approach is more balanced with a deep lying MCd protecting the back four and breaking down opponents attacks, whilst always providing an easy side ways pass whilst in the opposition half.

All player should have good passing ability and possess good pace, each tactic is very attack minded even the defensive option so these two attributes I feel are important, I select players on well known attributes for their given position, the attributes have been mentioned on this forum before so I won't go into too much detail.

Three tactic set for different oppositon and whether you're playing home or away, I tend to start with standard and change according to how the match is going, these tactics are very much work in progress but results are promising going unbeaten in 14 games.

2-6-2Standard.jpg

2-6-2StandardTeamInstruction.jpg

2-6-2Defensive.jpg

2-6-2DefensiveTeamInstruction.jpg

Download set: http://files.filefront.com/2+6+2+Zagallorar/;13473052;/fileinfo.html

No OI

Assistant Manager takes team talks.

With Borrusia Dortmund 2028, media Prediction 4th Division One.

Credit: zagallo, wwfan & mille via advice in TT&F09

sorry i have a few questions regarding the tactic.

1) Has this only been used for 14 matches in total?

2) what types of strikers do you need and what sides should they play?

3) What sort of goals return have your strikers had?

4) Your full backs, are they defense minded or good attacking full backs?

Thanks

1) Has this only been used for 14 matches in total?

Correct

2) what types of strikers do you need and what sides should they play?

FCd plays slightly deeper and although is not set up to hold the ball he should have good strength, heading and pace, he should also have other attributes for a striker.

3) What sort of goals return have your strikers had?

1 or 2 goal margin, don't seem to concede that much

4) Your full backs, are they defense minded or good attacking full backs?

Again, typical attributes for full backs, but given the tactics are designed in an attacking sense, the FB should have good speed, passing, tackling, work rate & team work.

Gareth.

Goals are spread between FC, MC, ML, MR, the MC in particular should have good long shot stats as he runs forward and supports the two attackers, as he pushes forward the DMC moves forward and fills the "hole" picking up the ball when the play breaks down. Good finishing stats for ML & MR are advised as they too have plenty of chances.

Wijnard.

W12, D2.

I start with standard home and away, counter attacking should be tried before switching to defensive if the opposition are dominating. The two centre backs are attack minded and build up play from the back, good passing and decisions for these two. To be honest I haven't used the attacking formation that much as the other two work fine, the principles of the three tactics are 95% based on TT&F 2-6-2 mentality, I mentioned in the opening post I use a DMC instead of flat four in midfield, this is something I prefer in all versions of FM as he protects the back four and can be used to build up play from his own half and also in the opposition half.

Early signs of the tactic are very good (although i am using a man u save). i have played the following:

Sunderland (H) 2-0 win (attack)

Aston Villa (A) 2-0 win (Standard)

Fulham (H) 2-0 win (attack)

Blackburn (A) 2-0 win (Standard)

Portsmouth (A) 2-0 win (standard)

Sporting Lisbon (H) 4-2 Win (Standard)

HSV (N) Super cup - 5-2 win. (Standard). i was 3-0 up at half time and switched to defensive and finished 5-2.

standard tactic and attack tactic seem good against weaker sides. defensive tactic has not had a lot of use yet.

strikers both seem to be scoring and my left midfield is current top scorer with 5.

will report back once completed half a season.

i would definitely recommend this tactic to people having now got to the 1st december on my season. definite thumbs up to the creator.

my league record is: played 13, won 12, drawn 1, lost 0. goals for 26 & goals against 1.

i have also won 5 out of 6 champions league games including 3-1 both home and away versus juventus who in my save have a very good squad.

i have used the standard tactic in every game since my last post and it is a very solid tactic. it can possibly be improved slightly to get a better return from the support striker as rooney has 4 goals in 11 games. benzema has 11 goals in 17 games as the more attacking striker. i am experimenting with some tweaks and will let you know if i can improve this.

i appreciate people will probably say i have a world class side which is true but i believe this could be the base of the new sexy football tactic from patch 9.2 given some good testing and ideas.

if anyone else has any ideas on improving this let me know and i will give them a try.

Gareth, glad it's working for you.

Definitely requires tweaking given the opposition, I've changed the passing on the standard tactic to "down both flanks" which is providing more opportunities on goal, the counter attacking option also changes the outcome in game. The attacking tactic has also proved successful, it attempts to dominate the opposition, have to be careful with yellow and red cards though as the tackling is set to "hard"

I didn't want to mention the Sexy Football tactic, my effort looks similar in formation but the mentality settings are different, if this 2-6-2 set can be as half as successful as Pointon's with 9.2 then i'll be pleased, especially as it's working okay with 9.3

Hopefully we can get a few more people testing it out?

Cheers

Gareth, glad it's working for you.

Definitely requires tweaking given the opposition, I've changed the passing on the standard tactic to "down both flanks" which is providing more opportunities on goal, the counter attacking option also changes the outcome in game. The attacking tactic has also proved successful, it attempts to dominate the opposition, have to be careful with yellow and red cards though as the tackling is set to "hard"

I didn't want to mention the Sexy Football tactic, my effort looks similar in formation but the mentality settings are different, if this 2-6-2 set can be as half as successful as Pointon's with 9.2 then i'll be pleased, especially as it's working okay with 9.3

Hopefully we can get a few more people testing it out?

Cheers

Hi DGN,

Sexy football on 9.2 was an excellent tactic and for me the most consistent one to date for all round performances and results. I have tried the 9.3 version and unfortunately it is not as good as before.

I have used the attack tactic in a few games early on and it was also impressive. I do however feel that if you are creating more chances switching the play to down both flanks then this could be a simple and effective tactic to use for home games with the original standard tactic used for away games.

The tweaks i have made were only two the two strikers individual instructions and as i said i have benzema scoring for fun but still trying to get better results from the support striker. i will try the down both flanks option to see if that changes the goals ratio for both strikers.

i am going to give this a test with a mid table club (newcastle, spurs or everton maybe) to see how it performs also and ill let you know how successful it is.

First thank you for this tac

I play with Feyenoord

I use this tac in my first season (patch 9.3)

Here my results so far:

PKC '83 A WIN 14-0 (friendly)

Belenenses A DRAW 1-1 (friendly)

Excelsior A DRAW 1-1 (friendly)

FC Kobenhavn A WIN 4-3 (friendly)

FC Nordsjealland A WIN 4-3 (friendly)

PSV Eindhoven N WIN 2-1 (Supercup)

FC Utrecht A WIN 3-0 (league)

FC Volendam H WIN 2-0 (league)

Borac H WIN 4-0 (uefa cup)

PSV Eindhoven A DRAW 1-1 (league)

Kozakken Boys H WIN 2-0 (cup)

Vitesse H WIN 2-0 (league)

Borac A WIN 1-0 (uefa cup)

FC Groningen H DRAW 2-2 (league)

HSV A WIN 1-0 (uefa cup)

Ajax A LOSE 0-1 (league)

So I think this a very good tactic.

Thank you very much!!

I was creating a re-creation of the 1958/1970 Brazil team, one of which is Zagallo's sort of lay-out. This is the formation that I used.

hbgnndcejlgfmovhkubx.jpg

interesting hows the off set formation working ? player instructions etc etc

interesting hows the off set formation working ? player instructions etc etc

This formation is not associated to the 2-6-2 tactic set that I posted, please see my first post for infos.

Hi DGN,

have you had many downloads of this yet? i am finding this set (especially the standard) to be extremely consistent. On my man utd save i have played up to the end of january and only conceded 2 league goals. (my last 3 games were Chelsea away 2-0 win, arsenal home 3-0 win and liverpool away 1-0 win).

I have now made some tweaks you suggested and have a set of 4 tactics to use. Standard (focus passing mixed), Standard (focus passing down both flanks), Standard (focus passing mixed & counter attack), Standard (focus passing down both flanks & counter attack).

I have only used the counter attack tactics in the games against chelsea and liverpool away and both were good performances. other than that i use one of the normal standard tactics for almost every game. Still making slight tweaks to the strike partnership to try and make them both consistently bang in the goals but this is still work in progress.

I have a tottenham save also witch i am trying them on but only about to start my 1st league game so will see how the fair with a side without the world class players i have at man utd. i am confident though it will work.

I would definitely urge people to try these yet again.

218 downloads so far but not much feedback?

Progress update for Dortmund..only in the first season but I've found these tactics to be very good with 9.3

Too early to say whether it'll be as good as Pointon's Sexy Tactic, but I'm happy!

GermanFirstDivision.jpg

Thanks to all those that have tested and left feedback.

Archived