Solo goals!! Help!

In my first 3 games I have 3 conceded goals where an opposition player goes straight trough my players like they're not existing, onto the keeper and puts the ball in. "What a dream goal by xxx!".

I have my 4 defenders on tight marking, marking zone. All of those players scoring the dream goals I have; Show wrong foot, Tackling Hard and Close down Always.

Even in the middle of the park, the opposition goes just through my players, like they where a pile of water on the ground, and when my players goes forward they just pick the ball like candy from children.

What tactic must I have to prevent this? Its not down to bad players, I'm playing Chelsea.

In my first 3 games I have 3 conceded goals where an opposition player goes straight trough my players like they're not existing, onto the keeper and puts the ball in. "What a dream goal by xxx!".

I have my 4 defenders on tight marking, marking zone. All of those players scoring the dream goals I have; Show wrong foot, Tackling Hard and Close down Always.

Even in the middle of the park, the opposition goes just through my players, like they where a pile of water on the ground, and when my players goes forward they just pick the ball like candy from children.

What tactic must I have to prevent this? Its not down to bad players, I'm playing Chelsea.

Off of the top of my head:

Employ a solid Defensive-Midfielder. Eg/ Miguel Veloso, or even better, Angelo Palombo.

Take off the Tight-Marking. It might entice your players to not chase after this player who is going to score. If you untick it, they might run after him, and stop him...

Don't show onto wrong foot. I find that whenever I've done this, I end up seeing the player who I show onto the weaker foot doing well. Eg/ I say 'Show Onto Weaker Foot of C. Ronaldo'. Then, whenever my Fullbacks try to do this, they end up losing it to him, and he surges down the wing and scores/assists.

That's just a few things which may help.

Remember, if you don't lose possession, they can't get you too easily. So make sure you have Time Wasting and Tempo at a moderate and reasonable point. Don't have them at Extreme points, i.e. 1, or 20. Try something like 12, or 7...

EDIT: Also, make sure you don't have too many players at 'Run With Ball: Often'.

This will make you more likely to lose the ball. If they have Dribbling of >15, you'll be fine. But anything lower than 15, and I would have it at Mixed. Below 10, I would say Rarely...

Sounds like the "tight marking" "zonal marking" and "close down always" commands are working against each other.

Take off the OI "close down always" instruction and set the defenders to "man mark" and "tight" and see how that works out. Set the closing down slider for your DC down to about 5, IMO.

We're all still figuring out how the ME is working right now. I've experienced the same issues you have, midfield. My guys are getting their pockets picked all the time. Right now, the only guys who have RWB set to often are my wingers and maybe an MC. All the others are set to rarely. This is a definite change I have experienced since the patch.

It's not always good choice to close down opponent strikers often, cause this can get you DC's out of position. If opponent ST are really good, closing down will not help.

You can mark tightly, but don't tick that option on player screen, tick it in opp instructions screen (select which player you want to mark tight). Also...don't use hard tackling if opponents are really good. Hard tackling means players will challenge opponents allmost always, but it's suicidal to tackle hard Ronaldo for example, cause he is so fast and explosive, and will leave your fullbacs on ground often.

Also...don't use hard tackling if opponents are really good. Hard tackling means players will challenge opponents allmost always, but it's suicidal to tackle hard Ronaldo for example, cause he is so fast and explosive, and will leave your fullbacs on ground often.

Very much depends on who's going to be tackling the superstar opposition player. I quite like kicking some players out of the game, and hard tackling and tight marking means that some players better watch their ankles ;)

Very much depends on who's going to be tackling the superstar opposition player. I quite like kicking some players out of the game, and hard tackling and tight marking means that some players better watch their ankles ;)

Yeah...but not against Ronaldo...he has too much phisical and technical skill. He will leave your fullback behind him or they will make a foul ;)

Archived