Ingame FMScout

immuner

Ok folks,

thanks to Dr Bernhard's Framework, i gave it a shot yesterday and i can say i have a working beta today.

It is my first play ever with C#, so any feedback is welcome and sorry for any mistakes.

You can search for players using names (c ivi will give ivica dragutinovic for example), positions, current club, nationality, current value, sale value, age, PA and CA.

You will be able to search for staff and export a shortlist but i haven't started working on it yet and currently i'm at work. Maybe in the evening i have something (maybe not it's CL night tonight :D).

I tried to keep the layout close to Genie's as this is the one i'm used to and i guess most people here. I used the features i was using most.

I made this tool for fun and because i enjoyed the ability to search for players outside the game's scope. It does not allow you to edit players, as I was never doing that myself.

I played with it a bit last night, seemd that it worked alright.

Instructions to use:

Since it is an ingame scout, you need to have your game running.

Run FM2009 and after you load your game, hit atl + tab to go back to the desktop, run the scout and click load and load FM2009. If it loads properly, then the buttons will be enabled.

Hope you enjoy :).

Update:

v0.7

scoutgp6.th.jpg

Link

30-11-2008

Immuner's FMScout v0.7 Beta

Changelist

Added Features

- Search for contract expiry date

- Ability to search and display all possible player and staff attributes

- Added preferences option to select currency (pounds, euro or dollars)

- Added preferences option to select wage display (weekly, monthly or yearly)

- Added wonderkids button

Changes - bugfixes

- Fixed several bugs on the display of elements

- Changed data structures to speed up searching

27-11-2008

Immuner's FMScout v0.6 Beta

Changelist

Added Features

- Search for staff

- Search options for staff: Name, Nationality, Role, Age, CA, PA

- Clear search fields for staff

Changes - bugfixes

- All search fields are now disabled until loading the game

- Numeric fields now accept only numeric values

- Results View now sorts properly numbers and dates

25-11-2008

Immuner's FMScout v0.5 Beta

Features

- Search for players

- Search options for players: Name, Nationality, Club, Value, Sale Value, Age, CA, PA, Position

- Clear search fields for players

Immuner's FMScout v0.6 Beta

Changelist

Added Features

- Search for staff

- Search options for staff: Name, Nationality, Role, Age, CA, PA

- Clear search fields for staff

Changes - bugfixes

- All search fields are now disabled until loading the game

- Numeric fields now accept only numeric values

- Results View now sorts properly numbers and dates

scoutfo8.th.jpg

Link

It is an ingame scout as it is based on the Ingame FrameWork.

So run FM2009 and after you load your game, hit atl + tab to go back to the desktop, run the scout and click load and load fm2009. If it loads properly, then the buttons will be enabled.

Really? Must be something stupid i've done :). Anyways, i think that the staff search is still a bit useless now as you cannot search for specific attributes. Thanks guys for your feedback. I will try to fix that today but i'm working in two jobs and my time is very limited.

Really? Must be something stupid i've done :). Anyways, i think that the staff search is still a bit useless now as you cannot search for specific attributes. Thanks guys for your feedback. I will try to fix that today but i'm working in two jobs and my time is very limited.

All staff are shown as being an assman/goalkeeper coach (so even Mourinho etc).

Staff search isnt entirely useless though. Being able to filter on scouts and sort on CA for example, allows you to see which scouts have a high CA. A high CA means scouts take less time to scout a country/region (and for coaches its means they give more detailed coach reports).

Do you mean how high a player's attributes can go?

As a first step in the next version it will show all the player's and staff atributes and give also the ability to search through all of them.

To show the potential attributes of a player is possible, but can never be too accurate as this is based on the game's AI system and the training your players go through, but i could give it a shot later on :).

What i was doing with genie's scout, I was checking a player's PA and then his current attributes. According to his position, I could guess which ones could go higher and then my training was based on that.

Staff search isnt entirely useless though. Being able to filter on scouts and sort on CA for example, allows you to see which scouts have a high CA. A high CA means scouts take less time to scout a country/region (and for coaches its means they give more detailed coach reports).

I remember that when i was searching for staff with certain high coaching abilities, the ones that could do the job had usually lower CA, than others.

By the way did you ever get your staff CA to increase? I never noticed anything in previous FM versions.

hey immuner

can you make a mac version too? or at least make it Crossover compatible?

That would be very helpful thanks

Sorry man, just saw your post. Seems you posted as i was answering the previous post and i didn't refresh the page :).

I am not sure whether DrBernhard's framework can be used with a Mac. I don't own a Mac, but if it's possible i will certainly do it.

Great Work Immuner --Thank you very much mate,

Any chance of adding a positional rating system --i.e where the player plays best(May have been asked earlier) and also I agree that Euro conversion button would really be useful.

Once again thanks..... this is really quality !!!

I remember that when i was searching for staff with certain high coaching abilities, the ones that could do the job had usually lower CA, than others.

Yeah, thats the silly thing about staff :( CA often still does play a role though, and since we can check attributes ingame but not CA, having a scout program that allows to look and sort by CA is very usefull :)

All these are in my schedule. As long as i have time they will be implemented.

Something i would like to ask which I find really important is whether you have bumped into a design issue. In other words, do you think that a certain functionality could be done in a way that would need less user....errr...inputs? :)

Ok guys, it took me a little longer as i was too busy with work and other stuff, but i found some time yesterday and worked on it. I had to add lots of data and redesign some issues for the new features. It's my first few days with C# so I am always discovering new things :). Thank Cartman i'm a fast coder...

P.S. Something's wrong with my pc seems i have problem accessing the forums. Pages take ages to load.

30-11-2008

Immuner's FMScout v0.7 Beta

Changelist

Added Features

- Search for contract expiry date

- Ability to search and display all possible player and staff attributes

- Added preferences option to select currency (pounds, euro or dollars)

- Added preferences option to select wage display (weekly, monthly or yearly)

- Added wonderkids button

Changes - bugfixes

- Fixed several bugs on the display of elements

- Changed data structures to speed up searching

Link

scoutgp6.th.jpg

Note: I excluded wage display because the data is not being extracted correctly and the numbers are wrong.

For some reason, searching a big list of players for their contract expiry date (apart from wrong) slows down the app too much (without it takes about 2s and with it more than 10s :(). So the wages buttons for both players and staff and the contract expiry button for players are disabled.

Next steps involve adding shortlist functionality and individual personal display.

Still can't get it to show own team's data :(. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or maybe the framework has an issue with that.

Archived